Where can I find a free service agreement I can use for my business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by fivepennies, Nov 29, 2011.

1. fivepennies

fivepennies
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently met a litigation lawyer who will be giving a talk in January for a Singular City event on the five mistakes most entrepreneurs make. Ironically, I asked her how crucial it was to have contracts and agreements in place and she said that with one of the top five mistakes--not getting a signed or written agreement. Luckily, I do all my negotiations via email so she said that was one great that I got something in writing because she actually won a case that favored the email agreement, but she says it's still important to get a contract in place to protect yourself and your business and to have an attorney look over it as well. After talking with her for quite awhile, I learned that she charges $400 per hour to draft a contract from scratch and $250 if I downloaded it free from somewhere else and have her just tailor a general agreement to serve my business needs. But where can I find good service agreements I can download for free. I check into legal zoom but I'm not sure if what I need is a service agreement form or an independent consulting form--what's the difference? FYI, the services I provide include freelance writing, editing and proofreading as well as SEO and SMM services.

2. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

None of the free service agreement can fit your need, because those agreement is customize according to their business. For reference you can get some general term you can grab those term from big corporation, e.g. banking term and condition, telecommunication subscription form, government form, apple and Microsoft product terms and condition.

Alternatively, you can act as customer to make an enquiry to competitor site. Through there, they will send you documentation to be fill in. This workable but not ethical.