When using sites like Digg Redditt etc.

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Tandy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When using sites like Digg, Reddit, etc., do I end my article with a link to my website as I would in, for example, Ezine Articles? Any comments on using social bookmarking sites? They are supposed to be good for back links, but how about coming against Google, re: duplicate content?

#1 Tandy, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
  2. seoev

seoev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IMHO:

Digg and Reddit are the highest class of websites sources for backlinks.
    If you can post your articles on these resources, do it, as soon as possible and as offen as possible.

Moreover prepare a really good materials for these websites. They have a huge traffic, so you can get a lot of potential customers directly from the Digg and Reddit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. randiv

randiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Digg and Reddit are good source of backlink creation and getting traffic.

4. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, if you post your links in the sites like Digg, Reddit, etc you also need to get backlinks from the article sites like Ezine articles, Go articles, etc. Both the techniques play an important role to improve the rank and traffic of a website.

5. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Question re links

Thank you for your replies folks but you didn't understand my question - with EzineArticles there is a resource box and link to website, so do I actually put a link on the article or because I have filled in the website details on the form - does it happen automatically?

Many thanks

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would avoid using sites like EzineArticles or GoArticles, because of the possibility of your article being syndicated to low-quality, spammy sites, which would harm your SEO efforts, actually damaging your rankings.

If i understand your question correctly, links in the article would actually come from using your keywords in the article, where the resource box would give you a link to your website using the actual URL as the text of the link. Since the resource box already inserts your "URL" link, you wouldn't need to put it in the article itself. Although she has her facts wrong, Melissa's heart was in the right place - you should use keywords in the article and the actual URL at the end of the article in your signature(or in the "resource box" in this case) as link sources.
    Like I said to Melissa, however, I would not recommend using EzineArticles or GoArticles to syndicate articles, but would use individual articles in sites like Digg or Reddit.

7. adrianlynch

adrianlynch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These websites are not only good for links but they are good for getting conversions. Why posting content on other websites, If its good then post in your own domain and past direct link in digg and reddit.

8. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I probably would link content to relevant post on your site (context based links). As far as Ezine, I would suggest to stay away from it, they let their content to become the web trash and there are reports that sites backlinked to it got penalized by Google.

9. tuitionbean

tuitionbean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But isn't Reddit a nofollow site? How can that be good for backlinks when it doesn't pass any link juice to the website?

10. prachimehra

prachimehra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digg, Reddit etc are high pr Social bookmarking site, it also better way to get high quality backlinks to your website as well as traffic.

11. Edwin M. Lewis

Edwin M. Lewis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About Reddit: first of all, you need really high quality article, as people on reddit are pretty nagginf and if you post bs you'll be pretty soon flames. Also, as pre Reddit rules, you shouldn't post links only to your site in order not to sound over promotional. So you need to contribute by submitting other great articles as well.

12. anubhavsharma78

anubhavsharma78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digg and Reddit both accepts links directly you don't need to write articles For this.

13. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you creative back link from such high quality website then it would be boost your keyword ranking but try to avoid duplicate content. You always need to use fresh, unique and informative content for users from everywhere you would like to create back link.

14. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard that these are social bookmarking websites and now digg don't accept submission.

15. BillyBob

BillyBob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reddit can swing in either direction. You have to make sure whatever you share is of the highest quality and truly valuable to the community (i.e, subreddit) you're contributing to. Posting something that's already been posted or putting up a post that's half-assed will get you massacred and down voted to the deepest, darkest depths of hell. This is coming from someone who's had some things on the top of certain subreddits for several days (600+ upvotes). Don't just 'blogspam' as they call it. Do text posts as well and engage with the community. If you start an account on a site like Reddit and another viewer checks out your history and sees all you do is post stuff to your own site, it'll reflect poorly on you. Be a human first, a marketer second!

16. tk-hassan

tk-hassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you are posting to reddit then it will depend upon the rules of specific subreddits.
    when you are making a post a link then you don't need to add links
    but when you are making a text post then you can add hyperlink within text.

17. Prohance

Prohance
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digg and Reddit already gives link to the title of your post! I dont find any necessity to give link in the comment or article section. Once I have followed the same process and my reddit account was blocked. So i think they consider this kind of post as spam, its better to avoid

• Like Like x 1
  18. Samuelsemos

Samuelsemos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Digg and Reddit both are high quality sites and famous for their page rank, but for the last couple of months digg don't give the back links. I don't think you need an article for this site.