When to reveal my new business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Coreyblythe, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Coreyblythe

Coreyblythe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently shut down a business I was running. We built custom guitar equipment. I honestly did not do a very good job at running this business as I had a second business that was growing very rapidly. I am also an electrical contractor.

I still love building guitar amplifiers and have been designing some new things. I decided to come back at at and change the name. This new venture will be SIMILAR to the old business but I will not be offering custom equipment. I will only offer the new designs and they can not be modified by customer. This is standard really. The new models are much more technical and overall better products in many ways.

I am not necessarily ready to sell to the public. I have a lot of bugs to work out in some things. I just bought some land and I am building a new workshop. My question is this. Should I do any sort of pre-revealing? Should I post on social media that "hey we're coming soon" or should I wait until we're 100% there. I know in the guitar amp world, people like to see progress and the inside of the equipment. I know I do. So should I announce the existence and the upcoming stuff or just wait until I'm there?

2. Jennina Alvizo

Jennina Alvizo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi!

Here's my two cents.

I suggest that you push through on your idea about the pre-revealing but before doing so, make sure you already have a fixed and final date on when you'll actually start operating your business.

It's a good idea to give your current customers and other potential customers something to look forward to. And in this way, you'll be able to work on your Marketing. Social Media, I think, is the best way to go. Specifically Facebook. They have a lot of ad options you can choose from and it's actually quite easy to use.

3. Kimberly Stannis

Kimberly Stannis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The think about a pre-reveal or build up campaign, is you already have to have a set date and structure down for when you "go live". Otherwise people will lose interest and it will be a real missed opportunity. Gaining customer's interest and confidence earlier is key to getting started on the right foot.

4. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think before you revel your new business it is better to make sure everything will work according to your plan. You don't want to reveal it without you knowing and calculating the risks and feed backs from people especially your targeted people.

5. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are very passionate about your guitar business, i guess you try working for others and get good commissions. I can understand the situation where business won't work and still you have passion to keep it running but you can't so i suggest you to start affiliate marketing, this way you will enjoy the taste of both worlds.