When to decide to end a relationship

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by abohadi, Mar 24, 2009.

1. abohadi

abohadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt that it’s difficult to decide to end a relationship. But it’s better to take this decision than being in a bad relationship. You don’t need to have a degree in psychology to decide that a break up is the better option. There are some actions and feelings that help you to be certain that you should break up. They are as follows:

* You don’t feel the same emotions towards your partner as you did at the start of your relationship.

* You both no longer share the same beliefs and values.

* Your communication is not the same as before. When you talk, the other has no desire to listen.

* You no longer enjoy being together. You prefer being home alone to going out with your partner.

* You both fight more because of little things. Each time hostility and hurting the person prevail.

* You can’t remember any thing good your partner did for you. Good memories that you both shared vanished.

But still you should wait a bit little and put in your mind that relationships can be repaired. You shouldn’t conclude to break up just because bad actions or feelings at the moment. Try to ask yourself “What ifs” and take some different actions in a different environment. Then you may get back with your partner otherwise you become certain that your relationship is dead.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's often very difficult to decide about ending a relationship - whether it's a business or personal relationship. For myself, I would put it simply that it's time to end the relationship when it's no longer healthy (physically, mentally, psychologically and/or financially) to be in that relationship.

I would tend to disagree with your statement above Abohadi. There should always be good memories shared between partners. I would believe that this is one of the main reasons why they became partners in the first place. Maybe it's just that the bad memories already overshadows the good ones that it seems that these memories have already vanished.

3. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know, but for me and the culture practice in my country, breaking up is really
    the final step to take if the situation gets really bad. I will never suggest anyone to
    break up easily as you have to always remember why you start a relationship with
    your partner in the first place.

Always appreciate each other and keep sweet memories together and never forget
    the reason why you both are in love.

4. abohadi

abohadi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It isn't an invitation to break up easily but on the contrary fighting to keep your relationship on the right track. Perhaps when things in the list take place you may think that the rightest decision is to break up. No, it's not right. Deciding to end the relationship must be the last alternative. Instead you should think to give this relationship a new start in healthy circumstances and new environment. Personal relationships can be easily repaired by accumulating new good memories that can fight those bad actions and feelings.

5. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed. Deciding to end a relationship should always be the last option.
    However, I still believe that as long as both are in love and have strong
    feeling toward each other, every problem can be solved.

6. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that most of you are thinking of marriage when we talk of ending a relationship. I would have to agree with Abohadi and Shawn that ending a marriage should only be the last option. I also believe in the sanctity of marriage.

But there are other relationships aside from marriage. You have a relationship between business partners, you have relationships between sweethearts and you also have a relationship between friends.

7. crazy_awper

crazy_awper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is great,your opinion is very novelty thanks very much guy!

-----------------------------------------

Tell me where is the wow gold and cheap wow gold because i want to become the king of kings.

#7 crazy_awper, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  8. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true. There are many types of relationship.
    So far, I haven't really involved in business relationship because
    I'm still a student. :p

What I've heard about the 'outside' world is that when you step
    into working environment, everything is not the same anymore.
    People back stabbing you for their own good and so on. I wonder
    this is true...

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I had it worse when I was still in school than when I was working. Backstabbing, people trying to pull you down, people wanting to take credit for your great ideas ... these and many bad things are what I've already experienced in school. The workplace is the same thing as every jungle and as the saying goes, there's always snakes in every jungle.

The trick is that we should always be wary of these snakes but do not let these deter you from seeing and experiencing the other wonderful animals and beautiful scenery in the jungle.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's not necessarily that bad Shawn. Obviously that kind of back-stabbing is done by some people in some workplaces, but thankfully it is not the norm. Most people want to do their job well, get on with their colleagues and have a happy life. Plus most bosses / managers are smart enough to see when this is happening and shrewd enough to put a stop to it when it does.

11. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see. Every jungle has its own danger. But as long as you try to prevent and avoid it,
    you'll be fine. This is what you're going to tell me right.
    I'll know how the 'real world' looks like after I grad in the next 2 months.