When meeting new people or clients

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by 50Cent, Sep 10, 2011.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Example for me, when i meet new people or people that i am not very close too i tend to get very nervous each time. But once i get to know them or they started to joke with me here and there the nervousness will decreased a little.. but At times, i am still shy to approach them for help such as asking them to teach me some tricks or tips on certain stuffs. I always alter my words when i talk to them.. a sign of nervousness?

Any advice i can stop all this?

2. Gil Burt

Gil Burt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

normally every one should good contact with themselves

3. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting nervous is normal,I also experience that thing,to eliminate this just be confident.

5. finejewellerys

finejewellerys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is the normal thing when meet a stranger.I think after a short time talking with each other. we should relax the heart into silent.It just like the Phobia.never pay to much attention, just treat it as normal.

6. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I must say I have the same problem, and so many people do. Some people deal with their shyness/nervousness by rambling on quite tirelessly. I always self analyse these situations and often cringe at what i've said and wish I'd been able to be more composed. To be honest though, usually this behaviour goes unnoticed. People won't always pick up on this.

7. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the things that may be helpful is to determine what it is exactly that's causing you to have this feeling and then go ahead and challenge it. For example if you have a fear of approaching new people, determine what it is that you fear about it. Is it that they won't accept you, or will think less of you etc. Approach them and talk to them, then see if what you feared is really true. Keep doing this and eventually you will notice some change.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One approach that works for me when I feel some fear regarding a certain situation is to analyse my fear by asking myself what is the absolute worst thing that could happen. In most circumstances if things went as bad as they possibly could, the situation would still be bearable and this knowledge helps to reduce feelings of fear and nervousness.