When Is The Right Time To Get Personal Trainer Insurance?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by watson77, May 22, 2013.

1. watson77

watson77
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some individuals wonder if they need personal trainer insurance. As a personal trainer, you're starting a journey that will take you to many places and help individuals become healthier. You have finished your personal trainer courses and acquired your personal trainer certification. Congratulations on helping make people healthier and more.

2. PrincipisCapital

PrincipisCapital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I come from a family of trainers. It really depends on what kind of exercises you're doing and your clientele. If you're doing low-impact workouts, stretching/flexibility etc. with a younger group, you can probably wait. But if you're doing strenuous weights or cardio with older clients, it might be wise.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd suggest that there is the potential for a high level of risk when you are providing personal training to clients. All it takes is for one client to get injured, for their to be an extremely expensive claim against you. For that reason I believe that anyone operating that type of business, should ensure that they have adequate insurance cover in place, before they deal with any clients.