What's your Opinion on Call Center Outsourcing VS Sourcing from within during Crisis?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Cosoft, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Cosoft

Cosoft
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In recent years, call center outsourcing had become a popular and viable way to deliver high quality service while lowering operating costs in the call center sector. Taking China as an example, the call center industry has been expanding with annual growth of 30% in 2008. And experts predict that there will be increasing demand in the following years, especially the Chinese & Asian language call center services as China and Asia's economic rise.

In the time of financial crisis, while some larger companies have the money, time and resources to put in place their own call center, most smaller and mid sized businesses opt for a streamline approach to call centers and choose to outsource their call center needs. As a service provider of Chinese or Asian language call center services or back office supports in China, we do encourage call center/contact center outsourcing. For many companies, especially many small, medium ones, outsourcing a call center is an excellent way to generate sales and help current customers with tech support and customer support issues. Meanwhile, they can improve productivity, save their cost, extend their service hours and place focus on their core competencies.

What's Your Opinion on call center outsourcing versus from within? Do you agree to have in-house call center in the time of financial crisis? If not, what you will consider when choosing call center?

2. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i'd say call centre outsourcing is important in the current recession. Ofcourse it would lead to emplyee dissat but it would help in achieving the below -
    1. Cost cutting
    2. Increasing profits and quality
    So keeping these in mind, it is better to outsource then source from within.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Call centre outsourcing can work very well for companies of all sizes, from the smallest owner manger operated business to a major well known multi-national corporation. I spent a few years of my career working with Sitel in Ireland and in the UK and for a lot of that time my role was to sell call centre solutions to our business clients. Hence, I have some experience of the industry.

The call centre industry is an industry that can do quite well in a recession, as companies look for ways to reduce their costs and overheads. Some companies will use call centres to do jobs that were previously done by field sales staff and other companies will outsource their call handling to companies who specialize in these services and can operate at a lower cost than an in-house operation.

When choosing a call centre provider the primary concern is the quality of service that the call centre staff will provide to your customers. Contracting another company to talk your customers is a big business decision and one with potentially devastating results if you get it wrong.

It is important to determine that the call centre you are considering has excellent recruitment and staff training policies in place to ensure that your customers only speak to well trained professionals who will reflect a quality image of your business. When entering into discussions with a call centre ask them for some details of calls they currently handle. Then make some test calls to the relevant numbers and evaluate how your call was handled.

You should also ensure that any arrangement you make with a call centre has service level agreements included for average call response time, abandonment rates, etc.

As I mentioned I've some experience in this industry and would be delighted if there is anything else I can help you with.

P.s. I'm getting a "Service Unavailable" error message at http://www.co-soft.net/

4. emenacinc

emenacinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is true that call center outsourcing industry is growing much faster . According to my opinion outsource through call center is very help full rather than from inside. The reason for that is This will reduce the cast of the business and availability issue will also be solved and the things will be done by the professionals at separate place. So for that purposes business men usually go for the call center outsourcing services.

5. etrade123

etrade123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me Call Center is big outsourcing industry. It more helpful to sell our Product.

6. emenacinc

emenacinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think their is big difference in the call center outsourcing and the sourcing with in the company. The basic concept of call center outsourcing is to reduce the cast of services. which you cannot be able to do with in the company. The other difference is the quality service and customer which can only provide through call center outsourcing service. So you can say call center outsourcing services is much better that with in.

7. Baboons

Baboons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main purpose of outsourcing is to cut costs while getting things done accordingly but still many companies fail because of rushing. Outsourcing customer service is actually a great risk since you are directly dealing with your customers and if this is not done properly, your business may end up defeating the purpose of cutting the cost and getting things done accordingly. There are actually various ways to outsource customer service such as: email, call center, social media and freelance sites. Here's an article for a detailed explanation of such ways and some tips on how one should deal with these options.

8. nickol

nickol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes call center outsourcing has gain his own value. Call center outsourcing is consider a best medium to improve the services as well as sale the products. Call center is become a popular trend in Asian countries. Now big companies also prefer call center outsourcing instead of their own call center.