What's the most important thing for an online bussiness?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Thanoz, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really wanted to see what other members believing about what's the most important thing for an online bussiness!
    I personally believe SEO, in order to have the correct exposure!
    What's your opinion?(And why you say that)

2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The thing is that SEO is just a part of the marketing plan overall.

Your marketing plan should be full and robust, everything from dropping a word about your business in a post, with no link, to the proper use of the title for your site. This also includes things SEs do not look at, the 'curb' appeal of your site. If it is a mind boggling cluster when a visitor shows up you can kiss that one good bye.

3. TheOnlyOne92

TheOnlyOne92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

pendelton, I have to agree with you on this one :/
    You seem to have really great ideas about business. Here are some website examples that are looking really good (for me):
    www.gigatronshop.com
    &
    www.pakom.com

The two leading online stores in Serbia. What do you guys think about these ?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

One of the most important factors in any businesses success, whether it be online or offline, is marketing. You need to get the message of your website out there and get people visiting it.

Obviously once they are there you need to offer them a great product or service so that they come back and help you generate revenue.

5. upineter

upineter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most important think in online business is reliability. Reliability able to create and keep market. The reliability of the company able to build the good opinion in the market. As example : Google.com is reliable in search engine on the world wide web, then this company able to spread out of their division like adsense, adword, google checkout, etc. Other example : Youtube.com is reliable for video hosting then million of people host their video on this website. The the owner of this website able to sell this USD1.65 billion. So the the main factor in internet business is reliability of the services.

6. Footzilla

Footzilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I totally agree with uptiner. You should have a business that is reliable meaning that people could rely on your services. In other words your services should be one of the fastest and one of the best out there. Your custumer should get the best out of it so they consider using your services when there is a need of it.

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you all, Marketing plays a vital role to create a successful online business. If you've a good advertisement of your website, then probably your SEO get's increased. And you get lots of clients to buy your products.
    Next, what I feel is vital, is Contents and Offers, if your website provide services and offers at a reasonable price with interesting content, many people will be your clients to buy your online products or business. This is because a reasonal and cheap offers provide good marketing to the many people and get them to catch at your website.

#7 DEADMAN, May 8, 2008
    Last edited: May 8, 2008
  8. Footzilla

Footzilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you about the contests thing. If a website holds some contests, it usually gets alot of traffic and customers. Holding contests is a great way to grab customers

9. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Marketing (like SEO, offers and contests), website content and reliability of service are all important for any kind of business, whether it's online or a brick and mortar business. But it shouldn't stop there, businesses should also always be on the lookout on new marketing techniques, latest news and website content, and improving service reliability.

You would often see sellers wonder why another seller is so successful and how they managed to tap into an emerging market so fast. The answer to this question is that these successful sellers are always looking!

10. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most important thing in online business is to build your list of customers. then you will guarantee sales.

11. ava_camen

ava_camen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i say its link building :)

12. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will rather say that it is the service/product offering again in case of online business too that is the most basic and important thing..I mean to say it should be innovative, quality, different from others and right targeted....

It should satisfy one of the following either physical, emotional, psychological or any other needs... It will get self promotion....

That is the most important things according to me.....Other things are just part of it...or expansion of it....

13. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For an online business, it is a combination of Marketing, Web Design and a Wonderful Product/Service

14. besurely

besurely
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is just one way only. There are many ways, such as: outer chain

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's "outer chain", I'm not familiar with that term?

16. Jasmine

Jasmine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is one best tool of online business.

17. josephask

josephask
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think marketing is the key for any online businesses success. Link building is another technique which should be used to market your business.

18. measure-ann

measure-ann
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i guess the meaning of "outer chain" is "backlink". Chinglish expression.

19. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think there is no such 1 THING important in any online business... many important things (as u all said) Marketing, SEO , Reliability, customers, products, sells everything together makes complete business..

20. infobanc

infobanc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are things you need to know when starting your own business:
    1. Know what you will do
    2.What will you need to start
    3.What are the government regulations you need to follow
    4.How much money do you need to start
    5.How much money will you make.