What's the best way to find Good Related Keywords to Use?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by JBMedia, May 10, 2012.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm going to be starting a new blog about finances, business, and marketing.

What would be some good keywords to associate with it? I need to get an idea so I can start putting it in the right direction. I guess a better question would be, how do you (site owners) decide on what keywords are good for your site/blog, or which ones you'd want to use?

Thanks for any advice, my on-page SEO is not of any professional level as of yet.

2. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the product you want to sell. Product brand and features are good key words.

3. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try using keyword generator from google. It is easy to find. Just search in on your browser and that's it. It free and so user friendly.

4. anne

anne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think about what a person would type into google when looking for what you have to offer. The google keywords tool is a good start and it is free. Check on exact match and you will find what keywords people are using. In the top box where it says keywords put in the keywords business, financing, marketing. If you sign in with a gmail account you can get quite a few ideas. If you are wanting to rank look for the highest number of searches with the lowest competition.

5. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should use keyword like Search engine identify easily. Google keyword search in just 4 5 sec.. Customer would love your keyword...It should be user friendly...

6. ernestcuellar

ernestcuellar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try using keyword generator from Google. It is easy to find. Just search in on your browser and that's it.

7. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are actually a lot of tools that you can try out there. There is Google Keyword Tool, Market Samurai and may others.

8. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks all for the advice. I'm specifically selling product(s) via my site, so I'll have to wait until I get more content oriented then decide.

9. T-RexCards

T-RexCards
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's a keyword tool called "Jaaxy" that I use that is pretty good. It's a paid tool but has a free trial membership... the membership options are very reasonable when compared to some of the other services out there too.

10. Sonia Whitehorn

Sonia Whitehorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for a free tool, Google Keyword would be the best tool to use, and it is user-friendly.

11. Jo_B

Jo_B
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great posts. I'm going to try those tools. The more user friendly, the better.

12. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look at your competitors, or at least similar sites who have made it high on the rankings, and see what keywords they use.

Type in your own keywords and see what results you get, and use keyword tools that Google supply, plus others like iotaweb.org and seochat.com. There are a lot of free keyword search sites out there, so a quick search will come up with some possibilities.

13. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse