What's the best way to charge?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by mybusinez.com, Oct 23, 2009.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wonder could anyone help me. I have an online booking system and I am thinking of 3 different ways of charging. 1 way is inspired by something Fergal (admin) told me about hostel sites.

The first way: The website user pays a deposit through my website and that's my commission. Then pays the rest when they go to the cilent.

The second way: The user sends their details through our booking system and into our database. Then the client pays to view his/her bookings on our website.

The third way: The website user pays the full amount through our website. Then we take a commission and pay the client his/ her fee.

What way do you think is best as a payment system? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What kind of product or service will you be charging for?

One advantage of the first way is that you are handling less transactions, hence you will be charged less in payment processing fees.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All is depend on the agreement in between your client and you. However, among the three option.
    I think the second is more reasonable

4. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both good points. It is for booking recording studios. I think the studio owners might be happier to see that booking and money is coming through my website rather than sending them an email saying we have booking available to view, pay us money. Sounds more like a randsom demand. But at the same time Fergal makes a good point about less transaction fees. The only issue I would have with option 2 Sigma is because there is no money being paid by the website user, they can back out of the deal altogether in seconds so the studio owner has paid me for nothing. I want to make sure they are getting their money's worth you know what I mean?

5. skyfire

skyfire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the payment processing technique. How you'll be charged by that system and other cost decides your fees if you opted for processing from your site.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

mybusinez.com, I know someone who has an independent recording studio and they are always interested in ways of drumming up additional business. Let me know if you launch this and I will send them a link to your site.