What's the best hosting service for an online ecommerce platform website?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by JBMedia, Jan 25, 2015.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the best hosting service for people trying to get an ecommerce site started? Have any of you BAF members had a ecommerce site and used hosting before? Which hosting service did you prefer and why? Load speeds?

Thanks for any answers.

2. IOLES

IOLES
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My experience with Jumpline.com is superb. The equipment is reliable and fast and the support they provide is knowledgeable, answers are returned quickly.
    They always update all their programs to the newest version, like Cpanel, fantastico, MySQL, Apache etc. Their prices are competitive, the servers are reliable & speedy fast, their tech support superb professional and timely.

3. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are just getting started, GoDaddy is a pretty good hosting company. They are open for support 24/7.

4. Jumpline

Jumpline
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure the host has the payment option your looking for. I don't even think twice about a host that doesn't accept paypal.

Thanks for considering us, IOLES

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crook-sam

Crook-sam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can send an email to a potential web hosting service and judge their customer service, firsthand.

6. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend to get at least vps powered with ssd to have fast loading of database

• Like Like x 1
  7. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, what shopping cart are you going to use and which plugins?

8. Lockisk

Lockisk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Taking into account your needs, I think that hostingsource.com would be a great deal - their vps that start from $10/mo will be ok for running e-shops.
    Their technical support is outstanding - support tickets tend to get a response within minutes, which usually resolves the problem. Every conversation was pleasant and helpful.

9. knobbychees

knobbychees
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't sacrifice security and quality. It is not ideal to jump into affordable web hosts in which in the long run can lead to many problems such as web site accessibility and, worst, shutting down of web site.

10. Ward Weaver

Ward Weaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me whenever I talk about my personal web site I am dead on having one a secure, reliable and 24/7 up hosting because I am doing a business that needs my site to stay up forever and the moment it goes down I can get label of scam so I prefer GoDaddy so far they have 100% track record with never going down so I feel really good with them. I am using their coupon code “50Host” this gives me 50% discount over hosting which is terrific!

11. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quite hard to say; I have seen many people who started from shared hosting and later upgraded their services to VPS or Dedicated hosting service. And I have also seen people who directly preferred dedicated box to host their e-commerce website. So it all depends on the e-commerce site’s resource requirements.

12. Euservr

Euservr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on e-commerce site resource usage. I will suggest you to go with 1gbps port, raid10 or ssd, if you need good loading speed.

13. waspSta

waspSta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For different package is different, according to what kind of website you want to build, the higher price is not always better, suitable is best.

14. Ward Weaver

Ward Weaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

GoDaddy for every reason from quality of service to suitable price they have got everything perfect. They also have excellent customer service which is 24/7 available to help us while they also have got the latest promo code “host12” so by this we will get the best hosting at just 1 USD per month.

15. MacDID

MacDID
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Choosing the right kind of web hosting service can be a very daunting task at times as there are some very important Personal or ecommerce web hosting features that you need to make sure of.

You will check Jhplatinum.com ssd web hosting solutions. They are really cool for running e-commerce sites fast and efficiently.
    90% Off (New Signups Apply to new signups only, Billing Cycles Annually, Maximum Uses 500)
    Promotion Code JP6an90 - Expiry Date 31/03/2015

16. Marc77

Marc77
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend this one: goo.gl/s4Mrzd

Been with them some time and they vps is awesome, no issues You can use coupon code GETCHEAP to get any package for only 1$