What's Success to You?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's Success to You? :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Fergal,

For me success is my Goal. But it doesn't meets the given table.:)
    Thanks

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So far i'm consider "success". And hopeful my life will keep success in future.
    Thanks for sharing the "target:....lol

4. Ultimate

Ultimate
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see the "Success" as a motivation to my next target/Goal. I really love it. After getting success, When sit back and think about the hard work you put on it, It is always a wonderful feeling.

5. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LOl. For me success is being happy and being able to live life the way you want to :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

for me, success is when I reach the destination point of the answer to the question, "why me in the world?". no meaning if we have everything, but it was not the purpose of our life in the world ... there is no means to fight a lot of things, if we do not know for what we were created. so, the first step is to seek for what we were created, and then struggled to achieve it. Only our Creator who knows for what we created. So, ask Him.. :)

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My god, you are really serious about your life. This is good but unfortunately i dont make my "target" so far. I have only small target, complete my daily task is consider success, achieve more than the target is "great success", enjoy my meal with good mood is another success, seeing my family/friend/gf and look at their happy face is another success. I like success, and therefore everyday i feel that i'm success, many "success" surrounding me, that's the way to make me happy and enjoy my life (ops, another "success" )....lol

8. toast

toast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seems like our goals can be charted in an n-shaped graph of age against awesomeness of goal.

I ditto simplyjo. As cliched as it may sound, there's no point having truckloads of money and being a black-faced lonely old sh*t.

9. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have already acheived success by having two great kids. There is no greater success in life than to bring further life into the world.

Going forward it is all about building upon that success by teaching them the different between right and wrong and how to respect what they have.

On a side note, success in my business dealings is all about keeping my business ticking over - I'm not in it for wealth it's more about being able to control my own future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Strongly agree that nothing is more success than bring further life into the world. Build a happy family is the greatest successful in the world. Happy to see that you are really love your family and live life happy

11. vapiciny

vapiciny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Success is creating what you want the way you want it to be.
    Success, then, is a process. It is an incessant refinement of strategy until something finally works.
    Success, ultimately, is about being fully YOU!

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum vapiciny and thanks for posting.

Very true, reminds me of "self actualisation" in Maslow's hierarchy of needs.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. lotn7

lotn7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is wider and interesting topic
    To have a silver anniversary is a great success I have achieved in life, raising up children up to the age of 20 is a great achievement, writing an article on line is another success, helping someone get better is success. So to me success is accomplishing any task at a particular time. I would say every one has achieved success.. someone's success is not yours.

14. kiatsiang

kiatsiang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Different people have different need, even in success theory, someone may getting very good results in their school consider as success, while some ambitious man consider becoming top 10 richest man in the country consider success. There is no true answer on this. For me, i am trying to make my business in stable stage and provided enough financial to my family without worrying for future, and respected by others, is the big success.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You look good for it, if that's your photo in your avatar, you barely look 20 yourself. Well done!

16. ahlui

ahlui
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not such a greedy people or ambitious one. My success is able to form a happy family with my husband and kids. It seems easier say than done, taking care of family is not as easy as it looks. Anyway, i am still single, just looking forward for my future success.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

self-actualization as a person's need to be and do that which the person was "born to do." "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, and a poet must write." These needs make themselves felt in signs of restlessness if they do not do it. so, being fully of the person is to be and do that which the person was "born to do."

18. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right now, I consider myself successful is when I take care of my house, and look after my children and have an online business that will make me money .. How hard is that :)

19. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

living the life you have wanted and not having regrets

20. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Success is saying good night to your children and wife, and kiss them.