Whats more imporant?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by noreturn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So I have just been recently wondering your guys though on this:

What is more important a good store front or a good website?

I know both are important but I don't want that I want to see which you guys think you should value more when trying to run a business.

2. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends on the business.

Personally I have no retail (store front) presence because not too many people go to a shopping center for recycled computer and electronic parts. Sure there are some places with misc electronic parts and a retail presence, mainly for the hobbyist it seems, but I don't bother with it. Now if I ran a clothing shop, which is an item most people still want to feel and touch before buying, then the retail store front is more important than online.

You should also take into account sales. If most of your sales come from retail, because say you sell doughnuts and not many people want to ship that, then focus on retail. However it's possible that you only have high retail sales because of your online presence which got the word out of your existence.

I'd also think about competition, online the world is your competition. If some guy half way around the world can offer the same thing for half the price then you got a problem. If you focus on retail then it's pretty much only the people in your area. But online the world is also your customer as you can sell anywhere, retail you only sell to people who stop by. That's why it's really up to you, you got to figure out what is best for your business.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sophieperrone

sophieperrone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you think your market is in mature state and people prefer searching online (about your product). Your website plays very important role in attracting the customers. I can share more information if you can send some details about product and target country/region.

4. hatdivi

hatdivi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

business in more important is management and next employer.

5. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, Both are important for Business. Store front is more important for me. So many many people can't go on internet or see there websites. Like they like window shopping. If they like our store or any thing mouth publicity is also work for us. N than we can suggest them for our websites. After this way your websites visitors also increase day by day. This is my point of view.

6. Natcoweb

Natcoweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All those things are important.

7. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. We recommend you to first focus on the way you want to conduct a business.
    If you really want to get a great opportunity,then you should try it out first, so you don't run into problems later. Moreover, if you want to open a website, it will surely have*a wide range of networks around the world.

8. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depends actually...

Where your customer base is located...in your local city,then good store front actually...

Outside local mostly, then a good website is priority..

9. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to think about what customers you have . If your "average" customer is a person who often uses Internet to search for what he needs, you should focus on making your website easy to find on the Internet, informative, functional and attractive. If your business is visited by customers who saw an advertisement on the street, flyer or if somebody just recommended you, i think you should make your store front and interior attractive so they will be more satisfied and consider your store as high quality and trustworthy.

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I assume you have tangible product so its best to have nice store front, it will be alot easier to promote your store online with an existing stone where your potential online customers could also visit. Relationsip and trust will be easier to build.

11. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's an extremely difficult question and having read the above responses it looks like most people are in agreement; it depends. That's obviously not the answer you were actually after, but it's the truth. You need to consider numerous factors, especially your business model and target audience before answering that.

12. angrystone

angrystone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends where your shop is. If you've got a lot of foot traffic past the front, then sort the stor-front out first. If not, it will probably pay to get the site up and promoted to drive people to you.

13. Jack Simmons

Jack Simmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are actually important, but it is also true that it depends on what are you selling. If your target market are those who shop online, then a good website if indeed necessary. Obviously, if they are those who don't care about what's happening online, then it is best to have a good store front.

14. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good storefront is way more important than a good website. That's apples and oranges and really obvious. It doesn't matter if you have a nice site. If you don't have the business to back it up it won't matter.