What's Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 50Cent, Nov 12, 2011.

1. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can anyone tell me what's backlinks means and does?

It is having someone links in my signature on another forum? Something like that?

Thanks.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The most basic definition of backlinks is links from one website to another. Here on the forum, you will see links to websites in members' signatures. I am not sure what you mean by your second question, but someone on another forum can link to your website, and you can link to your website in your signature on this forum or any other, as long as the forum allows it.
    For SEO purposes, the best links to have are editorial links on blogs, press releases, articles, etc. An "editorial link" is a link in the body of the article, blog post, or press release.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matt Damon

Matt Damon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlink is the most important part in seo. The most basic definition of backlinks is links from one website to another. Here on the forum, you will see links to websites in members' signatures. I am not sure what you mean by your second question.

4. golocomktg01

golocomktg01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agree to both Joeroxx and Matt. backlinks are essential part in the SEO Management. Backlinks are the traffics redirected to our site thru blog posting, social book marking, article submission and traffic generator backlinh juice services.

5. PakDe

PakDe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as far as I understand, back link means website that link back to your site. it tells what your site is about.

what it does?
    it lets search engine know what is your site all about. and should search engine give you traffic to your site or not. :)

6. Ronald Williams

Ronald Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This means that when someone goes into a search engine to look for something that your business offers, you will come up on the first page of the search engine results (rather than your competitor). So, search engine optimization is important and you need to keep it in mind as you are creating your website.

7. jamhassan

jamhassan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Back is way to improve your result on search engine if you have enough relevant and quality back link give you important on top ten position on your local search engine.
    if you want to start online business then back links very important for you search results on your local search engine.

8. TisdaleJohn

TisdaleJohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are the votes so you need to be stronger quality and authority backlinks.

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are the most important parts of an SEO job,You have to make sure that when you link in a certain website it is relevant to your site.

10. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are like a backbone for a website to perform over Search Engines.It tells SEs as how other relevant website supposrt particular website.
    Thanks

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Not necessarily. Each link to a site is considered a "vote" or "endorsement" of the site. These can naturally come from anyone who may have a reason to use the product or service. Consider your own business - do the only customers you get come from auto parts stores, or auto repair shops, or any other business related to motor vehicles? Of course not - anyone can buy a car from you, and can then endorse your business for anyone looking for a vehicle. In the same way, links can therefore come from a wide variety of sites.

• Like Like x 1
  12. infobanc

infobanc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page. Inbound links

13. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In simple words Backlink is the service which are designed for the purpose of creating linking with website or many other Web Pages.

14. alinora14

alinora14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello my dear friends.....
    hope you are fine.....
    i was busy from last many days and just came back from a tour today. looking to the post i found that you are very impatience about the resolution of this question. i surely have its answer and i hope you will also find it appropriate.

regard

#14 alinora14, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  15. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By using my own link?

16. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks, which are sometimes called inbound links, are incoming links to a web page or the entire website. These inbound links are important to search engine rankings because many different search engines have algorithms that measure the number of backlinks a website or web page has, and ranks those web pages with more backlinks in a higher position.

17. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Backlinks are the foundation and root of any popular website. These are just links from other peoples websites that points back to your own site.

18. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let's say if i want my website link to be on another site and i am into doing t-shirt business, must the another site also be doing t-shirt business genre too in order to get the best results?

19. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Not necessarily. Although it won't hurt to have a business related to your t-shirt business link to you, your competitors are also trying to get their site ranked, so they are unlikely to help you with yours. Also, if you have only links from businesses related to yours, it will not look natural, and you will not get the results you want.
    In the same way, you do not want all your links to come from one type of site, for instance, all from directory listings. It would be better to have links from a variety of sources.

20. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most basic description of inbound links is links from one web page to another.Here on the message board,you will see links to websites in members'signatures.I am not sure what you mean by your second question,but someone on another message board can backlink to your web page,and you can backlink to your web page in your unique on this message board or any other,as long as the message board allows it.