What's a good traffic stats tool for sites these days?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by JBMedia, Jun 24, 2011.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the best free tool to track your website traffic these days. It used to be Google Analytics in the past, but for some odd reason I have a feeling that that might have changed. Any suggestions of any tracker programs that you guys like to use?

2. Joel

Joel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still say Google Analytics is the best. If not, you can use Awstats via your website's cPanel.

3. brandonmarx

brandonmarx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer histats.com, it's very helpful for your small business websites.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Google Analytics is still great and comes highly recommended. Your hosting plan may also come with a built in, useful stats packages.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best that I have used is Google Analytics. If you have an Adsense account, you can integrate both accounts for better stats results.

I'm also using this as this site is much easier to open than Analytics. But lately, it seems the the developer are having problems on the site. A few days ago, the site went down, taking all stats gathered through that day.

It's better to have more than one stats tool on your site. So as you can always have a back-up.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SSLMatrix

SSLMatrix
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Analytics is the best traffic stats tool for sites these days.

7. ashish.bhatnagar

ashish.bhatnagar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Traffic stats

Google analytic is best because it shows the complete traffic stats like traffic by day, by week, by month, by city, by country. This is best tool according to me.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will strongly suggest google analytics too due to good analysis result and it is free of charge

9. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on what you intend to use the tool for and what stats you're hoping to gain from them.

In the vast majority of cases, Google Analytics is still the best tool. It won't give you perfect numbers, no web analytics will, but it will give you meaningful trends and enough metrics to ensure you can optimise your site and make informed decisions based on quantifiable data.

For certain uses log file analysis, as mentioned by Joel and Fergal, may give you additional information. If the main focus is on accurately tracking website traffic, then the inaccuracies in the log files will be larger than those of GA (log files will greatly overestimate traffic and client side tracking will slightly underestimate traffic).

10. andynathan87

andynathan87
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone,

Google Analytics is the best tool to determine website traffic and is still widely used. However, there is a new tool called SEM Rush that provides you with the traffic details and competitors websites related to your websites. While both the tool can be used and if you haven't used SEM Rush then, you must go for it as they provide several details regarding your website.

11. Hulbert Lee

Hulbert Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might want to try Get Clicky, which is free as well. The traffic stats are easy to read and they are updated in real time.

12. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting, I can't say I've ever heard of that particular program. Thanks for advice Hulbert, I will have to take a look at it.

13. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never really liked Analytics. They don't count a lot of the traffic a website receives.
    I only use AwStats on my paid hosted sites because it's just there...
    If I have a website that is hosted freely obviously I need to get my own traffic tracker tool so I use StatCounter.
    It's free and easy to use.

14. vkey

vkey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

google analytics is the best...!!

15. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Couldn't agree more, Analytics is a great package and the updated version has further information such as site speed and social engagement which are both important factors with SEO.

16. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend Google Analytics for its user-friendly interface and thorough traffic analysis. Its different features such as map overlay, visitor type, and bounce rate allow you to review and analyze your website's traffic data. The additional Google services such as AdWords and the Keyword Tool can help streamline your analysis process.

17. fami

fami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google analytics, no doubt. You can easily built custom reports using Google analytics and add and evaluate goals too. It's the best tool for reporting and analysis.

18. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google Analytics is a classic, but I like GoStats because it shows a prediction figure.

19. hemnaram

hemnaram
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is better to use the google analytics for monitoring.
    You can also implement the tag manager concept in your website.

20. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Most of the alternatives for Google Analytics fall short when it comes to integration of Adwords and Adsense. Other than Google Analytics, I would suggest Piwik, it permits you to import log files and has a nice mobile app for iPhone and Android OS enabled smartphones.