What You Guys Think ? What is the Major Risks in Business ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by david14beck, Jul 7, 2015.

1. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is you opinions Which is the Major facts in any type of Business? I think Financial, property, debts risks are the major components but risks takes us lead to success right ? but how can we manage? Just a general question..:):)

2. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The purpose of a business is to make profit. And now Money is our currency. So, people do business to make more money. Therefore the risk in any business is to loose money. This losing of money have many kind. Every business have risk more or less. Yes this risk takes us lead to success.

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We take risks we gamble and we take chances. I must say a good entrepreneur is never afraid to take risk -- informed and calculated risks that is. That would lead me to say that everything in business involves a certain degree of risk. For me it is not industry specific. No matter what sector or niche you have chosen you will always have to make a decision and that always involves some risks

• Like Like x 1
  4. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Having your own business is already a risk. Investing your hard earned money is always a risk. Specially if you are putting all your eggs in one basket.

5. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right having risk in a business is a normal but we have a better option that is business insurance or credit insurance. credit insurance protect our business from financial losses like bankruptcy etc. there are a minor business owner who has business insurance. so i think everyone should consider this advice. but why people doesn't choose this?

6. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Naturally, all types of businesses are risky but the risk varies according to the type of business. If you're someone that is risk adverse, it's better not to start a business and go work for someone else. If you're prepared to be exposed to only a limited amount of risk, then start a small business whereby you sell goods at your local flee market. However, if you're feeling confident and don't mind taking on bigger responsibilities and risk then proceed and aim for the stars.:)

7. judithsellnetoow

judithsellnetoow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good Question to avoid a risk you have design a financial structure first, your capital investment how did you split initially to improve your business. monthly how much you can spend for advertisement, infrastructure how did you handling customer based on that your enquiry will get close

8. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think, financial risk can be major risk in business. Having a lot of debt also increases your financial risk, particularly if a lot of it is short-term debt that’s due in the near future.

9. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The major risk is in the starting stage of your business when it is to ascertain the amount of money that has to be invested and planning the processes. There are PLM activities that help to bring a systematic structure in the best way.

10. justin Urbas

justin Urbas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well Business as a whole is a risk, but to gain something you have to deal with it. Well i read a statement somewhere that "Even Spiderman has to take risks, we are Businessman after all."

11. Nox

Nox
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of my finance lecturers once said, you can take any word, at the word risk to it, and you would have something that you could argue, needs to be mitigated against :)

But I guess the biggest challenge is finding a way to survive change, sometimes change is external and other times it’s internal, your ability to react to the changing environmental factors or better yet identifying these factors before they occur is the key to success. Companies like Blockbuster, Blackberry and MySpace, that were once at the pinnacle or their respective areas of business, all imploded due to their inability to change or evolve

12. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are actually several major risks in business and one is the market. When the market vanishes, there is no business to speak of. A clear example is the school bus. You operate the school bus service for students and you have the business during the period of school. But during the summer vacation that there is no market (students have no classes) then you have no business.

13. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The interpretation of the risk element can be in many ways. Every business whether it is school bus service or the manufacture of winter clothes is subject to the seasonal demand. But then businesses do make a lot of profit during the peak season.

14. Gerry Speck

Gerry Speck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business is always at risk. You have to planned your each and every business activity carefully to avoid such risks. Some major risks in business are collapsing of market, financial crisis etc.

15. Master

Master
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From my point of view business is about taking calculated risks. To excel in your domain its mandatory that you take small amount of risk. Your growth will depend upon some extra efforts you put, including that of risk.

16. Sonera_group

Sonera_group
    uix_expand uix_collapse

another name of business is risk. if you want to grow your business with out any taking risk is not possible. we are taking risk many time because we are manufacture and export wall clock so always we fetch risk when we are release new model in the market. now a day one of the major risk is market because when you are release new and high quality product in market then your product do not able to get success and goes to fail. this is the major risk in the business..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Micheal Anderson

Micheal Anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really hard task to make their business successful in the market. I think the main risk in business is your business name that you made after doing your hard work and spending your time on it. After loosing your business name you have nothing, not even your finance. Everyone say money is a main risk, they forget that after losing business you can not make money.

18. Amit Prasad

Amit Prasad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the thing that is totally depend on the nature of business. It really varies from business to business. Some kind of business may risk in marketing and for some of them maintaining customer relation can be a big issue.

19. Choice Checks

Choice Checks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Big risk at first is investing a lot of money to get it started, and would takes months to begin to see revenue to start flowing. Depends on the market and your nitch. Varies from one business type to another. Which is harder to sell, bubble gum or alcohol. Both is easy, but seeing alcohol requires more time, investments, license, and etc.. Ok another point is, whether you want to do it as an e-commerce, or a retail store. I've owned my business for 10 yrs and going good and strong. It has had its ups and downs, but one thing to keep in mind. To help you to succeed is to offer the best customer service and make each customer happy. Offering rewards is good and all, but what they like more is being appreciated and taken care of. With that. They will return . Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nicoli Redmayne

Nicoli Redmayne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are mainly Five Major Risks Are made In Business
    Strategic Risk
    Compliance Risk
    Operational Risk
    Financial Risk
    Reputational Risk