What would you pay for logo design?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by stepheny, Jan 26, 2010.

1. stepheny

stepheny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

Just doing a bit of research, your feedback would be greatly appreciated . I would like to put my years of Graphic Design experience back to work! I am thinking of setting up a website where customers can buy basic logo design packages online at very low prices.

I just wanted to know (especially from new start up owners) what sort of budget you set aside for your logo design and would a low price put you off? Also would you expect to be able to get your stationery design and printing in the same place as your logo?

Thanks in advance

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon the quality and the number of format you're providing with.

You may start with 5$ for a basic logo, and for an customize logo you may add up dollars. What kind of logo are you starting presently?

3. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If new start up owners get his/her website design ..then he would get logo with it self ...! or i would get some template which is available in internet to use it ...he/she will try designing logo by them self ...!

we find very less new start up owner spending to much on there website design or logo's

and people who get there website designed there logo are people who know the important of logo ...to there business ...and they are basically not start up owners ...!

we do find few start up owner get deigned there logos but they are less

if u are targeting charging 5$ onwards

and rest try take custom orders ...! u get charge more according to the work

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As has already been said, it really does depend on the quality, experience and reputation of the designer. I paid $75 for the Business Advice Forum one you see in our header. However, many designers will do them for less than that and others will charge a lot more.

5. TiaWood

TiaWood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for an inexpensive way to have someone design a logo, you can try these guys. Otherwise, you can expect logos to range anywhere from $200+ from an experienced professional.

6. AverageJoe

AverageJoe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the OP is trying to see how much she'd charge others to make logos for them. To be honest I'd pay from $50 to $60 for a logo depending on the quality.

7. Elochai

Elochai
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd say start of charging $5-$10 first, and as you get more customers and word spreads about your designs, you can charge more. If you post a topic somewhere or start a website that says "Logos for $50." you will get less business than if you started off selling low.

8. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Stepheny,
    If you are going in to Graphic Design I would suggest perhaps selling an all in one solution. So you could have Corporate Identity for Startups, Small Business, Medium Enterprise and finally Corporation (like McDonalds, Pepsi etc...) and build your packages and prices to cater for each of your categories.

I can guarantee you McDonald's are not going around looking for the cheapest price, they're looking for a design that reflects their company. Just like that crappy little song they have ( da da da da daaaaa), I wonder who's getting the royalties for that ;) Companies like this will pay accordingly. On the other hand, startups may be looking for the cheapest price but a decent design. I think you have to gauge your clients.

9. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get yourself a good portfolio going, by doing some work for free to start with.

You go to any professional design company and you would easily pay $100 for a decent logo to be used in the business world. As mentioned by mybusinez.com if you go for the whole package of corporate identity you can add a 0 on the end of that and still find interested clients.

It is all about scale, do you want to be working on $5 logo's and churning out 50 of them a day to survive or do you want to be working on bigger projects and turning out 3 or 4 a day at $100+?

Personally, my own company logo was something I put together myself but I had a budget put by of $200 for it originally as it is the first thing most clients will see when dealing with me, on the website, on the business card on anything I do.. the logo is the first part of the brand.

10. anatomymodel

anatomymodel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is the first thing most clients will see when dealing with me, on the website, on the business card on anything I do.. the logo is the first part of the brand.
    I agree

11. King Arron

King Arron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just count the hours you have spent on designing the logo and minus 50% from that total amount. In this way you will be leaving 50% for your friendship's sake while get the fee for paying the bills as well.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest offer first some free services to build up a reputation and your portfolio. You can increase the amount little by little until you get to build a good portfolio and be able to make professional designs.

13. TiaWood

TiaWood
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:eek: You're right. That's what I get for scanning over a post believing I know what is already going on.

A good starting point would be $50.

14. Business Forms

Business Forms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A logo is one of the vital elements that represent the brand identity of an organization... It is instrumental in boosting the brand visibility of a company... Logo is a graphical symbol that makes a company’s identity memorable for prospective customers..its depends on the company which are going to design logo for you ... there are different price for the type of logo which you want for you business... you cant say the fix amount for that logo... :)

15. haiwin

haiwin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

basic price ,I think,is $20-30
    but it is very likely buyer is willing to pay more for the design which makes he satisfied.

16. ASAmoto

ASAmoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It`s depend on the quality.
    About $200.

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A logo for $200? :eek:
    That should come from a professional graphic designer.

18. Justin McBride

Justin McBride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This depends on how I would market the site, and where it would be seen.

For something such as a logo on t shirts, bill boards, ect I would probably pay a good 50$

19. gilroy

gilroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Price for a Logo Design by a Professional Designer is reasonable in the rage of $5 to $10 and if the full website design is asked then $50 to $80 price range is reasonable.

20. heatseeker

heatseeker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say the lowest price of logo design would be around at least $15 for a piece. However, it depends on how much effort you need and who are you making a logo for. I have seen some people charge $30 for a single logo, but their design are just outstanding.