What would you most like to Learn when starting your business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Tandy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Newbies

What is the thing you would most like to learn about when starting your online business? What causes you the most headaches?
    Would be interested to hear from anyone.

Best wishes

2. James Martin

James Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people believe starting a business is a mysterious process. They know they want to start a business, but they don't know the first steps to take.But before we get started, let's clear up one point: People always wonder if this is a good time to start their business idea. The fact is, there's really never a bad time to launch a business. It's obvious why it's smart to launch in strong economic times. People have money and are looking for ways to spend it. But launching in tough or uncertain economic times can be just as smart. If you do your homework, presumably there's a need for the business you're starting. Because many people are reluctant to launch in tough times, your new business has a better chance of getting noticed. And, depending on your idea, in a down economy there is often equipment (or even entire businesses!) for sale at bargain prices.

3. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like to learn about the markets and the overhead first before I engage in anything.

4. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always like beginning stages of creating the branding, building the business, and marketing the company. But I never like actually running the company! I wish I could just start them for people!

5. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People often want to start a business in the field they are good at. So I am assuming you have a clear goal, like what business you want to do and what service you will be providing. In this case, you should first learn about the market you are going to enter.

Follow the industry professionals and news in that market. For example, I would like to start a business of Internet Marketing service because I have skills in that field. First thing I would like to learn is how startups in this field got their start. I would learn their story and their articles and news. I would follow them on twitter and personally chat them for their advice.

Once I have got a good understanding of that, next thing will be getting some clients to start with. For that, I would learn how can I create an online portfolio and use it to get some clients. There are many online guides and article for that.

Next, learn what you need to create a complete online presence, how you can retain your clients and how you can encourage them to refer your services to others.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first and foremost thing that I believe in starting the business is the monetary part. Any business it may be, the business owner should forget to earn for the next 6 months. If anything comes, then its a plus point. Secondly the office manageability is much more important. All the tools those are being pretty much necessary is quite required for the business to run in a smooth and streamlined fashion.

7. quickkpromo

quickkpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Budget planning is must in every business, after that come web designing, it should be user friendly and posting unique content.updating more often there ends the case you will get high business.

8. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to know about the end-users and their utmost need and how can the company help them to get their needs done. I would also examine the result whether it have helped in a way that one expected. If any of the clients or the end-users gives any feedback on our product or services then I would work on it and try to produce it in an effective way than before.

9. seoev

seoev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me there are 2 important things. They are revelevant not only to the online business, but for offline business as well.
    1) You must start your business based not on the idea about the money. You must start your business based on your interests. You will really enjoy your business if you do exactly what you like.
    2) Do not concentrate your efforts on the money. Concentrate your efforts on the your customers and value for them. Be sure, if you are bring value to customer, you will be with money.

10. jaynorth

jaynorth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Checking the market trend & careful handling of finances should be the basis of any business, without which no business can run successfully.

11. InstantKarma

InstantKarma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would really love to learn to be patience and less greedy. I am currently learning to do Forex trading and the biggest problem is to be impatient all the time which very much leaves me in trouble and lastly there is major issue regarding greed so if I am able to learn to control these then I will feel very much safe and happy with my performance and it will also reflex on the results that I will get.

12. robertmiker

robertmiker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to learn about competitors and marketing while starting a business.

13. rtfguy

rtfguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Marketing! That truly is an art. A very precise one actually!

14. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I would like to first learn about proper project management before I begin or start a business venture. After that I would move on to something like marketing cause without effective marketing your business wouldn't be able to move forward effectively.

15. kellybunch85

kellybunch85
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to learn which place is the best for targetting my business. I would also like to learn different techniques to promote my business online.

#15 kellybunch85, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  16. Tandy

Tandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Kellybunch

You don't say what your business is about so it's difficult to make suggestions - maybe search Google for some marketing ideas - ie using Facebook, using PPC etc.
    Best wishes

17. financeadvisor

financeadvisor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many businesses that could benefit greatly from your skills. Have you ever thought about offering a consulting service/ So many would be business owners just don't know where to begin.

18. piapetersson

piapetersson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to learn about my competitors, risk that can effect my business, proper business information about clients, about working capital( is there any need to take any kind of loan), and also about project management.

19. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me marketing experiencing, targeted area, good social reputation. The Most headaches thing is can i rub my camp again successfully or not because no one want to waste his/her investing.

20. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to learn about new business strategy like, new way to promote business online.