What would you expect from an SEO provider?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fergal, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you were to pay an SEO professional $200 to work on your site's SEO, what would you expect in return? What SEO services would you expect for $200?

2. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends where you are. In Australia - not a lot or $200.

SEO needs to be broken into on-site and off-site. Without fixing the on-site the off-site is not maximized.

The first step is the research into the best keywords in your market which you may get for $200 but can be charged on average from $497 up.

The second is to optimize pages for keywords. The cost and effectiveness of this depends on the platform the site is built on, whether it is an existing site or being built. For most companies I deal with it is more cost effective to build a new site than to try to fix the on-page work on their old one. This can be anything from about 2.5K to 10K depending on the business, site complexity and amount of info to be transferred current to new site.

The third is to do the off-page SEO - I have a wholesale service that costs $297USD billed every 30 days (no minimum time commitment or sign up period)
    which provides (to give you an idea of what that figure can get)
    -100 Manual Search Engine Submission
    - 2 Original Written Articles
    - 50 Manual Article Submissions
    - 500 Automated Article Submission
    - 5 One-Way Backlinks (manually submitted)
    - 1 Press Release
    - 10 Manual Press Release Submissions
    - 30 Social Bookmarking
    - 3 Social Networking
    - 10 Link Directory Submissions
    - 5 Blog Comments
    - 5 Forum Marketing posts
    - We will create Squidoo pages and Hubpages and interlink them for you
    - Wordpress.org and Blogger.com blogs linking to main domain and sub-pages
    - We ping 90 sites for each new web property

Obviously I charge my clients more than that for the service because they are a top level outsource team trained by one of the world's most formidable internet marketers. Therefore I trust them and know my clients will not be left in the lurch or be given meaningless crap results (such as only ranking for their business name rather than actual search keywords).

Sorry that was a long way to say $200 value depends on the market but with SEO you need to be careful that the person doing it really knows and understands what they are doing and you have some idea of what needs to be done.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the detailed reply Tecknowoman, it certainly sounds like you provide a very high quality, premium service to your clients.

Anyone else?