What would you choose? Love or Aim.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by TimeRider, Feb 16, 2013.

1. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What If you had to choose between Love and Aim?

The conditions are you want to be something (doctor/engineer). But you have to leave abroad for your studies / aim for 1 years and This is your last year. But your Love is getting married next month ?

What would you choose?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think if someone can't wait a year for you to pursue something you really want and that is really important to you, then maybe it's time to question if they really love you and how strong the relationship is.

If someone can replace you so quickly, then you are probably better off without them.

3. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe your example is not so good ;) , but in general i think I would choose love. There are many things in life i can do for a living and be satisfied with, and there are a lot of different opportunities to achieve it, so for me it's not worth it to sacrifice your love (true one) for one opportunity :)

4. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Love is about compromise not ultimatums. If it were me I'd go with the ambitions if you're being told to choose.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for replying guys. I really like the dialogue.
    Fergal: I also think that way.

kenzo: This is related to real matter. I think you didn't get the question. Your love is getting married and She denies to wait. Anyways, Love seems life to you.

Picture: Nice one man. I was also thinking that way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perhaps the fact that you have to ask is instructive! If you really don't know then surely... ???

7. brandy

brandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is should be patience in love. If a person can’t wait for only one year that person lacks patient and that poses as an obstacle actually being selfish. I will choose Aim.

8. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Very In trusting n quite sticky one.. If i have same kind of situation than i will d effeminately choose Aim.. Not because of love is not important. But practically Aim is most important compare to love... Like you said the situation. Menace love create the this kind of situation n Aim gives the solution... If you lose your love. You can find another love from others. But if your time goes 1 time Never come again. Well this are the my thoughts... Different peoples are different...

Thanks.

9. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

MarkTaylor: That means you would choose aim? Can you clear that.

brandy: Yes, I think patience is the way to find the true love. If you can't wait, you can't love too. It may be hard but this applies in true love cases "waiting".

kimipatel: Thanks for that, you said aim. And again confusing to me :). This situation can be really stressfull.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eric Wolfe

Eric Wolfe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think outside the box, and find a way to make both work. :) In real life, things are almost never black/white, either/or. Finding ways to harmonize your interests and pursuits will be a great step towards happiness, fulfillment, and success!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Eric: Yeah, I wish that too. But Life is just different. It can you move you to the top and at the same moment go down. Also, there are some Big singers / celebrities who have everything But not the one they want (his/her lover). We can hear the pain in the their vocals.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the communication between two of you is important, one year is very short, the true love shallnt have any problem in one year, or it shallnt called as true love.

13. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But your Love is getting married next month?

Am I her love too?

14. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, I am a persona who have chosen love over aim :D I got the chance to study medicine in one of the nations very prestigious institutes two years back. But studying there would mean I have to stay away from my home and that is something I wasnt very keen on doing :( So I studied the same thing a year more and secured an admission in a medical college near my home :D

And now, I am as happy as ever!

• Like Like x 3
  15. sidler

sidler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I absolutely agree with that. It really depends on your relationship and your priorities as well.

16. SmartDiva

SmartDiva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Love ofcourse... U can get your aim a little late.

17. kaminiprajapati

kaminiprajapati
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its Depends on Person. If you want to make your aim success then understand your partner to wait for 1 year for marriage. If he/she don't understand your feelings then Best options to Left him/ her. If You have true love then he/she understand your feelings otherwise not.

18. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will choose Aim because as usual if we are working hard to reach our destiny everything will come to us so that i always prefer Aim.

19. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys for keeping your views here and suggestions. Let me actually see what's going to happen.

20. TT Annoy Me

TT Annoy Me
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"Love is all you need"