What Would be the BEST place to open BRANCH office in MIDDLE EAST region ?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by abi5684, Jan 29, 2011.

1. abi5684

abi5684
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

We (Web/Internet Technology Company) looking to open a our branch office in Middle East.
    We are doing a market research and feel that this is also a good place to know expert's opinion.

Basically we provide service on Web/Internet Technology. What is the best place to open a branch office based on
    1. Ease of doing business.
    2. Web/Internet Technology awarness among customers
    3. Profit Margin

Please share you opinion, We are considering places like, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Dubai.

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Dubai is the best place as it has optimum mix all the inputs that you might need and also a good customer base across all ethnicity..However, I will suggest to do a competitive analysis too before concluding on a decision..!!

3. bulkybo

bulkybo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am wondering if, on the long term, the base of business is as solid as it used to be, given the Dubai increasing debt.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I do wonder how the economy of Dubai will fare in the coming years. The topic was previously discussed here in our Current Affairs and Business News section.

5. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to look at a hell of a lot of other factors:

The legal framework,
    The ease of getting licenses,
    The transport costs throughout the different regions,
    Employment laws in each area
    Worst case scenario; how do you close down a business?
    What is the credit scenario like in each country?

What kind of office will it be? would it be a seperate legal entity based in that country or just a sales office as a gateway to the area? This will lead to questions on taxation, audit requirements, financial information requirements and what kind of staffing you require in the offices and how you feed that back to your main office. Is the CRM system you currently use up to legal standards in the country you choose (i.e. not all systems are legal in Israel for instance due to their bookkeeping laws).

Various other questions need to be answered.

Your first step is to decide the type of office, staffing requirements and build from there.

You should take a look at the world bank organisation, they produce a huge document every year called "doing business". It will give you an overview of every country and how their laws have changed in the past year and rank them as the countries that are easiest to do business in and with.

6. Rasha

Rasha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Qatar and Bahrain are small countries with a small number of population, as for Dubai, I think you can consider it. But I was wondering, did you consider opening your business in Saudi Arabia ? because Saudi Arabia is a rich country with huge number of population and also their population is rich and educated to technology.