What would a movie blog and forum have on it?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by FB92, Oct 2, 2011.

1. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need some idea's as to what you would want on a movie blog and forum. Blog will be running Wordpress and I forum in a month will be running vBulletin. But for now it will be running with either MyBB or phpBB.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i think it will be best if every blogpost will contain something like " top 5 best comedy movie of the year" and the like.
    i would i think help users which movie to see but of course you need to review and exactly tell what to expect in these movies.

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of movie site are you trying to run? The typical stream or download site?

4. FB92

FB92
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Movie reviews, discussions etc. Nothing of the illegal streaming and download sort. Just a place where people can find out movie news, discuss movies etc.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

reviewing some movies and when users want to comment, they will click a button comment and will be presented with the forum thread and that they need to register in the forum to be able to. :D

6. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally I feel that those kind of plain information blog and forum is a common. To compete with existing establish movie forum and blog are a bit difficult. If I have a chance, I will create a worldwide one-stop cinema blog, which I will start with local cinema show time, free ticket to subscriber, top cinema, cinema comment. By doing this, we can easily get sponsor from cinema.

With the blog as base, then I only create movie review forum.

8. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is the best choice for blog and vbulletin for forum because it is more spam intolerant compared to other platforms.

9. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fluffy, have you purchased a domain yet for this blog you're considering on doing?

10. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the site is updated regularly and has good reviews plus the visitors would be able to post comments without waiting for moderation the site could be popular. Of course you would have to fight off spam but I think there's some pains taking in every business when it's a start.