What will be Company Decision???

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by freecoder, Sep 4, 2010.

1. freecoder

freecoder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi every1
    I want your advice on ma problem. I have completed last month Engineering in Computer(2010). Recently there was a walkin for one reputed IT company. The criteria was 60%. I was not eligible as i have got just 54% in engg . I got into their process by writing wrong marks ie 60%. Then i was allowed to give apti which i cracked. As i am strong in Technical, i got through 2 rounds of interview. They selected me and asked me to join their company within 10 days. Now i am afraid that what will happen after they will come to know my real marks?? will they remove me??

Does any one know such case happened before and what was company decision at that time??

Please suggest me what should i do??

2. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It sounds as if you are quite talented at what you do. Marks can be misleading, some people are really good at getting it right on paper but are not very practical, other people have difficulty in school but can do quit well in the "real" world.
    I think the issue will be how you got accepted. If it were my company I would be forced to let you go due to your dishonesty. I would be constantly wondering if you are going to be honest with me or just tell me what I want to hear.
    Others may disagree with me, and perhaps they will be right, but here is what I personally would do. I would go to the manager privately and explain the situation, tell the truth. Tell them that you have a lot of respect for there company and want to work for them and you made a mistake by misrepresenting yourself.
    By doing this you would be owning up to your poor choice and will have nothing to hide. otherwise you will always be looking over your shoulder for someone to find out. If a person were to come to me like that I would keep them.
    In life you will always need to choose how you will succeed, whether by being honest or not.
    I wish you all the best in this difficult decision.

3. freecoder

freecoder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Mountain Man..

I was really very confused before..... But after reading your post i have got the right direction.... thanks a lot mountain man.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's a tough choice freecoder and Mountain Man has given you some great advice. Please post back to let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.

5. Jahan Choudhry

Jahan Choudhry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go there and do what Mountain man has said.

People will admire your honesty. "Also say, sorry for doing this guys, but I just like and respect the company so much that I did it. Anyway I guess I have to go...bye." There should be some instinctive sympathy for you and - depending on how much discretion management can have - they may/may not keep you on. However keep contact details with the manager and maybe in the future you could find something there.

Good luck.