What was YOUR first way of earning money online?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by RestOwner, May 25, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is always a first time for everything, and business isn't the exception. When was the first time you earned money online, and what was it?

I remember my first time was about 6 yrs ago, on eBay. Just selling stuff, that being used or new.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my first method was the use of bukisa.com that i tried redirecting free hostings to my bukisa articles.
    i earned about $70 a week before i got banned there. :D

3. hetal_387

hetal_387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Still I don't earn online but I want to work online soon.

Some of techniques I m aware about:
    (1) Adsense
    (2) Alternates to adsense
    (3) Banner Advertising
    (4) Amazon, Ebay

what else. I am here to see other replys what others have earn trough and what was their experience..

and also other mediums of earning onle.
    Please reply.
    Thank You.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My first site was an Irish portal site that provided information and links relevant to all things Irish. The first money I generated from this site was from Google Adsense and Amazon's affiliate programme. The Amazon revenue came from promoting Irish books and music on the site and it was back in the day when Amazon gave up to 15% commission.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My first earning is from paid to post forum about 6 years ago, cant remember the forum name. The amount is less than $10 if not mistaken

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My first online earning dated back 2008 when I sold a rare toy on a friend that is residing in the US. Earned $100 that time. It's also my first transaction with Paypal.

Since that time, I look for ways to earn online in just the comfort of your home (well, as you have already know, I'm disabled and can't work on some companies that I need to travel everyday). Then I found out about clicking ads (earn $15 after 5 months before I quit), and paid forum posting.

7. factoring

factoring
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I first made money selling stuff on Ebay, made okay money from it

8. Bubblez

Bubblez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That sounds like a dream to me. How did you get banned? How easy is it to make money there?

I am an online writer and do writing on people's blogs, forums, or I write articles for people.

I really like the site ehow.com and contentcurrent.com. forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102 (that is my favorite section of the site to work out of) would have to be my all-time favorite though. You can find all kinds of work, and it's pretty easy.

9. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting to read others experiences, it also shows how time changes, what can still be in, and what cannot.

10. Melvin

Melvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me its... wait a minute, been a long time so i have to dig deep.. Anyways, i believe for me it was paid reviews with blogs.. I was there when paid reviews are at its speak and its really profitble especially when starting out. all you need is a blog that gets some amount of traffic and youre ready to go..