What was the BEST business advice you ever received?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by cook920, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cook920

cook920
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am interested in what was the advice and who gave it to you.........Was it from a successful mentor or someone totally unrelated to your specific industry?

C'mon.........spill it!:D

2. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best advice is to enjoy whatever it is that I am doing. That is why is it important to pick a business that you too enjoy. If you enjoy what you do, motivation will simply come to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read in Archie comics once veronica's dad giving advice to Archie on becoming rich, "Earn, earn and still earn until you have money to burn and then..................don't burn it". I really liked that advice, although it was meant to be funny but I think the meaning's really deep.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great advice I once heard was "If you want to make something happen, then it's up to you to make it happen, and if you're persistent enough you will make it happen." Never let any obstacle come in your way to stop you from succeeding in what you want.

5. Ranron

Ranron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great advice, you have to push and force your luck, eventually it's gonna happen. And when it does you can see the pattern how it works, not just for business but with anything you do.

6. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can achieve anything you want, it just requires lots of determination.

7. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best advice I've gotten is don't do business with family and I've listened to it every since.

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is from my previous boss, he told me that "go ahead if you confident on what you think, you never know the result without trying out"

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A book rich dad and poor dad, never involve any business or investment that you don't know. When we not clear about the investment or business model, basically we are involve it by luck.

10. SteffMartin

SteffMartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When one of my friend suggested me to open a retailer store.That was really superb advice friends.Now this idea and my work have made me a successful business man.

11. cook920

cook920
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks. I agree with you. I have had good and bad jobs during my working life and can honestly say that I have found your statement to be true. I, now, live,eat and breathe my work now..........but enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you shared this one........I can benefit from this type of advice. Never heard it before, but I can see myself repeating it when appropriate.

12. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

80/20 principle, and I first read it in a book by Tim Ferriss. Basically 80% of profits come from 20% of your effort. Identify that 20% and stop doing the other 80%, or outsource it. Then do more of the 20%. You can also use this to identify low-profit or no-profit clients, then fire them. This gives you time to focus on your good clients, think about how to get them to pay for more, etc.

13. Dee2x

Dee2x
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best I've ever received is that an abundance of debt is the downfall of most small businesses. Afford it at all cost!

14. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the best advice i got was from a religious leader. he said "Do your best to whatever you are doing"