What value is your business offering?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by wameyo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. wameyo

wameyo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are in 2015 and nobody buys something that won't be valuable to them any more. There was a time when people would just buy a product just because it was advertised on television, but not anymore. Nowadays people want to know what is in it for them. Without knowing that, then they won't buy. Now back to you, what value does your business offer? If you don't have a business yet you can give an example of your preferred business and what value you think it should offer. Because without offering value we cant sell.

2. ychh1220

ychh1220
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes.
    Also you can not make a long term business if your product is not ok, like you said without value.
    So as for us, we must clear my product is it valuable to do.
    I would like to give you an example here about my product if allowed.
    Actually when i was young i also do not know what i should do. Which product i should sell or produce.
    Until oneday i made a decision , to run a company to sell Chinese balls, or named "baoding balls"
    Why i sell it? The reasons as below:
    1- The baoding ball is benefit for our health, can relieve stress, improve memory and sleep, increase the dexterity of finger,reliever the soreness of finger and wrist.
    2- baoding ball indeed is used for our health ,so it is known by the whole china also many other countries.
    and this ball have had more than 400 years history.
    3- The more important the baoding ball is only produced by our city , any other places they can not make this ball.
    4- So i will decide to dedicate to the baoding balls' development,i hope this small ball can let more people know and bring them health.
    5- Everyday we are busy for our work, business, family .We are tired enough, but have not so much time to exercise.
    But baoding ball is easy to take, you can rotate it anywhere anytime.
    Easy to take, easy to learn, not expensive, just keep on exercising, can give you a big surprise to your health.
    Everybody will like the baoding balls. Also its sale's could be continuable.
    This is my example to support your idea.
    Just the market have demand, and can be continuable , and can be carried out for you . That will be a successful business.

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I know the right answer to this question I should be busy by now managing my own business and not posting some random comments here and there. Had you seen some tv shows lately about people wanting to start their own business? they too had to answer this same question and it is so surprising that they trip... yes they do

4. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consumers are more careful these days than what they've ever been before and with more and more businesses opening up, especially on the internet, it's more important than ever for you to make sure your offering quality good, and a reasonable price along with good customer interaction.

While value is important, I think people are wanting a complete experience when they're buying a product, they're not happy with just value alone.

5. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is true. In fact, consumers started becoming more savvy about their purchasing habits around the late 90's. The internet wasn't as popular back then but it certainly played it's part. Simply advertising a product on the television isn't enough anymore, the product often needs heavy endorsement from a known celebrity or through word of mouth to become successful. Still, many terrible products or services do make it to market but are eventually weeded out by a smarter consumer base.