What types of advertising would you recommend for a new website?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by LittleOne, Jun 3, 2014.

1. LittleOne

LittleOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just started a website/blog last week that seems to be catching a lot of interest(2,500 hits, 100 fb likes, high fb engagement) and I would like to know what you would recommend to grow traffic and spread the word faster?

Currently I have been posting 3-5 new articles a week and sharing them on Facebook($5 boosts) and twitter. I also launched my first give a way campaign today.

My goals are to get 100k+ fb likes and 100k+ hits a month for traffic(it is in a high interest niche with little competition)… with high hopes to reach those goals around my 1 year mark.

So if you have any suggestions I am all ears. Current marketing budget:$250mo

2. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not to pay ads on YouTube? YouTube is now averaging at one billion video views per day globally. I think YouTube is a great way of merging the advantages of TV Advertising and education with the interactivity of the web. The focus is on informing, entertaining and educating and there are a variety of ways in which companies can use YouTube Advertising.

3. ConsultJoseph

ConsultJoseph
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi bud, honestly, it's hard to narrow down answers without more details...

Let me ask you these though:

1. What are the articles geared towards? I mean, are they built to target keywords? Or are they simply targeted towards providing information based on usual questions?

2. The $5 boosts in FB/TW, to whom are you marketing them to (demographic, age, income level, etc.)?

3. So basically, what you are asking for is traffic from SOCIAL MEDIA alone (since you are focusing on 100k+ FB likes)?

Answer these and I might be able to give you a clearer answer with actionable steps :)

4. webpro

webpro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all congrats you are receiving 2500 hits for website which was launched 1-2 weeks back. you can use combination of free google ranks( using SEO) + PPC + email marketing + Social media to enhance traffic.

5. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you already have some successes on FB, maybe follow that trail and rin a campaign there? If you will be getting more shares and increase your visibility, you will earn a lot of traffic.

6. SeedsIntoApples

SeedsIntoApples
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I second that!

Additionally, Amy Porterfield on Facebook offers a free webinar on how to attrack more likes to Facebook. She offers a lot of good advice. I just downloaded something last night about the does and don'ts of how to work Facebook, if you are interested, pm me and I'll send it over. :) (it's a PDF)

It sounds like you are on the right track! Many congrats!

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pretty impressive for a site that new to get much traffic. I suggest you do that all over again, i think that will spread the word about the site while also paying ads to youtube like portal88 said.

8. Archibald

Archibald
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In online advertising there are two directions,Paid OR Free. Paid advertising is much easy and more effective. PPC is best option in paid advertising, But it is expensive. Other option is here in paid advertising is banner placement on other websites. Free advertising are social networking and SEO. You can create pages or articles of your website on social networking website.

9. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube are the best platform for advertising and promoting our services and products. We can go to Free and Paid both way to use these platform. We can make free account on social networking website and also put the ads as a banner on the website which is paid. We can use Google as a search engine marketing both SEO and PPC (Google adwords).

10. chandanthaver

chandanthaver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You tube, Facebook, Google+ and all seo social media site is best for advertising for your new website.

11. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do Pay Per Click advertisements to increase your website traffic and Facebook campaign to increase your Facebook page likes. But you will spend money when visitors clicking your ad.

#11 kpkarthik, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  12. marklee

marklee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recommend social media promotion and content marketing for your business or website.