What type of business proposal for a website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by HaleTheLegend, May 18, 2009.

1. HaleTheLegend

HaleTheLegend
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone know of any good templates for a business proposal for a website?

I would like to find a good one that would force me to do more research plus i need to turn it in for a loan.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum HaleTheLegend and thanks for joining our business community.

When you say business proposal, are you referring to a business plan?

You might find these business plan templates helpful;
    Enterprise Ireland Business Plan Template
    Score Business Plan & Other Business Templates

Please let us know if you have any further business questions or if there is anything else we can help you with.

(Moving thread to Online Business forum)

3. webchalkboard

webchalkboard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I don't know of a good business template, but I do know a few things you need to ask yourself first, before investing too much time into a web project.

Over the years I've helped countless people launch web projects, some have done well, but to be honest with you, most have found it a lot harder than they expected.

Have a clear route to market
    The most difficult thing with a website is marketing it. You might have the best website in the world (and all the ones we build are lol), but if nobody knows where you are, then you'll never make it work. Traffic is the key, you need to have a clear route to market. This is the same for any business, but unlike a regular business where you have a shop front, the internet is full of brilliant websites which are never found.

Success doesn't come overnight
    Be prepared for it to be a long slog. Some people appear to be overnight success stories, but little did you know the years of toil that came before.

I guess they are my 2 golden rules. Of course you might just hit it lucky and come up with an idea that just happens to be completely unique and catch peoples imagination, like Million Dollar Homepage dude, but he was kinda lucky to say the least!

Good luck, whats the site about?

4. HaleTheLegend

HaleTheLegend
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a basketball social network, but i have some very unique and exciting features that i think will make it successful :D

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

6. HaleTheLegend

HaleTheLegend
    uix_expand uix_collapse

im ok for now, im still being lazy and havent actually started writing the business plan, im still thinking some stuff out as well