What Tools Does Everybody Use for Keyword Research? - Google Correlate

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Yanni, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Currently, I like using these tools:

• Google Keyword tool
    • Ubbersuggest
    • Google Analytics
    • WordTracker

Does anybody have any other tools that they like using? I'm looking for something more accurate. Wordtracker isn't as accurate as I would like it to be - but it's good for finding long tail keywords.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

basically i use only adwords keyword tool for keyword study but i use google webmaster tool to monitor on my keyword improvement after implement some SEO task on it

4. Ambi

Ambi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google adwords keyword tool and google insight in free tools. In paid tools word tracker is best.

5. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Google Adwords Keyword Tool is the best for keyword research. You can use Ranks.nl as well it will show keyphrases of your webpage.

6. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google keyword tool for keyword research. Another way of researching keywords is that you check what keywords your competitors are targeting.

We must also list down different ways of identifying right keywords. Because, beside just tools there are various other methods that you can select keywords to optimize.

7. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use google keyword tool it is best in keyword research in opinion........

8. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

9. iverson

iverson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

only use the Google ADword

10. Word

Word
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you simply type your keyword into Google it will automatically suggest the rest of what you are going to type. You can get some great long-tail keyword ideas from this.

11. Erin Monda

Erin Monda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just type in something and see how many results it has :)

12. Stephen Ryan

Stephen Ryan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use Market Samurai or Micro Niche Finder. Both good for finding competitive niches.

13. scott404

scott404
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use Google keyword tool, It gives me accurate data

14. Will1am

Will1am
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Prefer to use some of tools below :

1. Google External keyword tool
    2. Google Wonder wheel
    3. Google Related Search
    4. Google Search Insight
    5. Google Search Trends

But most fave new tools is Google Correlate if you have US Geo targeting, because for now ... Google Correlate data only available for US territory.
    (Google Correlate is an experimental new tool on Google Labs which enables you to find queries with a similar pattern to a target data series. The target can either be a real-world trend that you provide (e.g., a data set of event counts over time) or a query that you enter Source :Google Official)

We can discover keyword trends and research similar keyword according to the trends, and still doing some research for now ... because i think Correlate have a great potential to predict the future trend.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Will1am Google Correlate looks like a very interesting tool. Would it be possible to give a quick example of how you used / benefited from it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Will1am

Will1am
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal for your nice responses :)

There are 2 ways i usually use to research a keyword by using Google correlate :

1. Compare US state

[​IMG]
    Data Source: Google Correlate (http://correlate.googlelabs.com)

When we typed "SEO" keyword on Correlate compare US State there will be some information we can get...
    First .... based on Google Correlate result we know the keyword which have the highest related with "SEO" keyword is "Adwords "
    note : But remember the Google warned in comic illustration, the correlation is not causality. you can read more details at http://correlate.googlelabs.com/comic

The second .... we know the State on US which have the highest demand/search for "SEO" and "Adwords" keywords is Nevada.

based on the information above, we can build some advertising positioning strategy and enrich our content with the most related keyword to increase/maximize the result of our Geo-targeting Keyword optimization.

2. Compare Time Series

[​IMG]
    Data Source: Google Correlate (http://correlate.googlelabs.com)

We can see the information of related keyword which has the similar trend patterns and correlations with "SEO" based on time series.
    i use 12 week time series (3 months) because 3 months it's a prefect time period to see/analyze the change of human characteristic based on their psychology, it's why many companies conduct training for their new employee or create new contract for their first employee have range for 3 months generally.

Why do i connect the keyword trend pattern with human characteristic? because trend is just the accumulation of all human activity which occurred from several time back until now.

Now what we can get from the Google correlated by using compare time series ...

The closest keyword is "artblog" this information can be used to compare the "SEO" keyword as a trend reference and if we compare it on graph, we can see that the "SEO" keywords always opposite with "Art blog" keywords trend .... which mean we can search and predict the keywords/niche trend which become a hot trend/niche in future based on other keyword reference.

apologize in advance if there's any faults in this post, because i'm a newbie which still desperately need criticism, advice and guidance.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks a million for such a detailed response Will1am, I'm going to feature this thread because it includes such helpful info for other members. Your reply is most informative and educational.

I'm sorry but I don't fully understand that part, in particular I'm not sure how the fact that two trends are always going in opposite directions can be used to predict future trends?

18. fami

fami
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google keyword tool is best for keyword finding, analysis, selection.