What tool should I develop for AdminCentral?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by karoshio, Jul 22, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I would like everyones input on what would be a worth while free tool for me to develop for AdminCentral. I have plenty of time on my hands currently so anything big or small that you can think of would be great.

This will appear in the "Tools" section which currently only has a word and character counter. The tool will be provided for free without even the need for registration.

Thanks for any ideas anyone can provide,

Karoshio

2. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am still looking for ideas if anyone has any. I am happy to throw a few credits your way for any great ideas.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What programming language do you use to create the tools, is it PHP?

What about some search engine related tools, e.g. a tool to check back links to your site or to see what position you rank in the major search engines for certain keywords?

Also have you asked your own members if there are any tools that they would like to see on your site?

4. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know a decent knowledge in PHP and JavaScript.

The back link tool would be good if I can get something good going. I was also thinking a simple page rank checker, just thought it's simple but could be good for people don't use a toolbar or anything.

I have made a post about it yes, but nothing very relevant to it has come back.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The page rank checker is a good idea, because lots of first time webmasters aren't that sure how to find their site's page rank and if you provide an easy convenient tool on your site, it just might keep them coming back to you.

Hopefully some of our other members will reply with interesting suggestions.

6. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about some sort of pinging service?

• Like Like x 1
  7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how about having a java box on top of the admincentral forum featuring newly posted threads from forums under your network. everyone under your network get to integrate it to everyone else and so everyone else forum get to have visitors daily. :D

• Like Like x 1