What to sell online?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by elshaarawy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey folks. I'd like to create a little online shop for selling some goods, but I can't find what to sell. Of course I can sell something mainstream, but I'd like to find a unique (or incompetitive good), but it's too hard ti find unique or interesting good nowadays. May be can you give me a few tips where to find?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Thee are so many e-commerce websites already, chances are if something exists, someone is selling it. Instead of trying to find unique goods, you may be better off creating something yourself. If there is something you like, figure out a different way to make it, or to make it different. If there is something you like to do, figure out a new way to do it. Or figure out a way to make it easier to do. Keep your eyes and ears open, and a chance remark could give you an idea. Sometimes it could be too hard to find something because you're trying too hard. Relax, and something can come to you when you least expect it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, you need a good plan or strategy to run a business, it will be very difficult to say, what indeed you are looking for. You need to get your own goal, you can't do the business what your friend wants, you have to get in the business. I think you are the right person to think about your business.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    There are many things you can sell online. First you decide what you want to sell and after that you should careful about all below things -

small and light enough to be easily picked up
    Specific, niche products (usually)
    Selling to consumers for low price
    Selling for twice as much as your buy price

All the best :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw recently an ad for wooden sunglasses. This is a great example. Think about something that people need, but make it environment friendly. For example, if you decide to sell cookies :), make them paleo or vegan. Think about the niche you want to get involved in and then narrow it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jason76

Jason76
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advertising is always a sure bet. If a lot of people are coming to your website, then people will want to advertise. The more traffic you have coming in, then the more money you make.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion, and it may not help anyway. Are you saying that elshaarawy should create a site to sell advertising. It may not be as "sure" a bet as you seem to think it is. What kind of advertising should he sell? Classified Advertising has way too many competitors, so s/he would have to find a way to stand out from the crowd. Since s/he has no idea what to sell in the first place, getting a classified ad site going may be too much work. If s/he builds an entire site built around Display Advertising, how would s/he get traffic? Who would his intended audience be? Here again , he may have too much competition to make it worthwhile. On the other hand, you could be talking about an advertising program like Google Adwords. This wouldn't work either, as s/he would have to have a website popular enough to ad Adwords to it. The profits here may be too small, as visitors come to the wesbite for the content, not the ads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soliloquy

Soliloquy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should consider what sort of labor and warehousing your products of choice will require. For example, I would love to sell my family's cookies online, but that idea will have to wait until I have adequate trained bakers, packaging equipment, refrigerated/frozen place to store them, etc. etc. etc. So I'm going with something non-perishable for now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd suggest selling promoting wearable tech. Currently there aren't too many sites which focus on this. And if you can find a relatively new product to promote the chances of making some good cash from it are quite high.

But as it has been suggested creating a product and selling it would make you more money than any ready-made products you might promote so you can earn a commission off the sales.

• Like Like x 1
  10. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't heard about wooden sunglasses before. Looks nice :) but I am not sure that people are interested in it, may be I am wrong. Why do they need it? Classic sunglasses are quite comfortable I think. But if you have any comments , I'd glad to to hear it

11. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeas I know, this is a good way and I am trying to achieve some success in this niche. But the most problem here is to find traffic. But you are absolutely right. The more traffic , the more money

12. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have any talant to make something by hand :) I know good knowledge in football, but I don't know how to use it in ecommerce :)))

wearable tech it's something like apple watch ?

13. Ammar Alam

Ammar Alam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI Elshaarawy..

Yeah you're right finding physical products to sell is much difficult today.. but Nothing is Impossible in this World.. :)
    When selecting the proper keyword be remember that the product have high demand in market and always be.. !

Creating an online shop and sales physical products is really a best way to start your online carer.. & I am also like you.. lol.. :D
    I can help you in selecting the Physical products for you to sell Online.. Because I am doing it present and make nice amount of money just selling physical products online which I don't own.. !

Its always best to do Unique thing is your business.. So when I decide to start selling physical products online.. I am in the situation where you are right now.. but thankfully I find something which take me to another level and start doing something different in selling physical products.. In short is like that
    I don't invest the money in purchasing the product instead I able to make a contact with a manufacture which completes my order in weekly basis & after 2 days I sent the whole payment which they cost me to make the particular products.. So its working Amazing for me..

Is it Nice or Not.. ?

- Ammar Alam

• Like Like x 1
  14. elshaarawy

elshaarawy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the answer. Well, you can share us, what are you selling, it's interesting to know.

I also think about selling through affiliate program like Amazon. At first, I'd like to to try to sell from social networks, like Facebook groups.

15. Ammar Alam

Ammar Alam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Elshaarawy.. Yeah.. ! You're right selling products either is physical or digital, is really a bad idea in starting but "Is very good idea if you have a strong base behind the Social Media Selling", Means that Its really easy and affected if you sells using Social Site but really impossible if you start your business using Social Site...

Example.. Suppose that you're selling physical products online using any marketing source (Amazon, Ebay, ETC)
    And Hopefully with little effort You got GOOD Result from selling physical than its time to take your business to another level & start trying to drive your Amazon Or Ebay traffic to your Facebook Page Or Group and starting discussing about products means..

• People don't like sale tag on any product because its stop them to thinking about the product.. So building an Online Carer, Importantly in Social Media Don't put any kind of price tag in post or in your conversation unless the Traffic (Buyer) ask you about price.. !
    And I meant it.. !

So.. The method I told, It's been my pleasure to share with you., is like affiliate program but not properly I just much Vendor And Affiliate knowledge in my business.. you can go and watch the video (absolutely if you want..) Lol..

I share many Golden Nuggets (which is working for me Right Now) in this video.. which I can't able to share with you here.. (You know, Talking is much easier than Typing.. :))
    -Ammar Alam :)

Video Link.. : http://bit.ly/1UxiAZV

16. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best one is to sell the fashion products using social networks. You can also use SEO techniques to sell your products through organic searches

17. cwvps

cwvps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those glasses are wooden, not plastic and this is not selling only a product, but a lifestyle along with it. Most of the people don't need another pair of glasses, but if those glasses say something about them and tell the story, they will be happy to have them.

18. AK Sharma

AK Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to create online store and have no idea what to sell then try online daily deal store.You can start your own online daily deal store and market your services to anyone who is looking for online discount and coupons.

To serve in daily deals industry, you need to invest in a powerful deals script that comes with vast range of features.Yo!deals Yo!deals is an online daily deal website builder that allow you to start an online daily deal business just in $99.Yo!Deals offers you all essential features of top online daily platform in one package. Following are the features Yo!deals offers

1. Mobile & SEO friendly webiste

2. Merchant Management features

3. Multiple payment options

4. Customized Option

19. Robert01

Robert01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Usually online sites sell small things like jewelry, cosmetics, electronic devices of gadgets etc.
    You can go for something bigger like Lands, Houses, Cars (new and used) etc etc.

20. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, think of what stuff you are specialized like food, furniture, gadgets, etc. then establish your site from the target audience like earning trust from them and you will get sharing.