What to do when only the homepage reflect

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by reyesboulis, Jun 10, 2010.

1. reyesboulis

reyesboulis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What to do when only the homepage reflect in place of all pages?

There is this website which was working fine where the pages were appearing for certain searches in the towns that are local. Now what has happened is that the homepage has started appearing for each local search thus replacing all the other specific pages since the time I added a link to my homepage from a relevant site. The problem is that the homepage ranks lower than the specific pages in SERP’s.
    How can I fix this problem? Could the fact that I have placed a key phrase anchor text on homepage footer be the cause?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

reyesboulis is your site still ranking as well now as it did in the past?

Would you mind sharing the website address of your site?

Have you set up your homepage so that first time visitors can easily find and click through to the page that is relevant to their geographic area?

You could help the situation by submitting your various pages to Google Places.

3. facerecpromo

facerecpromo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please share your url so that we can review your site. Normally this happens if your website's internal structure is not proper. Do you have define unique title meta for each of your web pages?