What to do when many competitors join forces against you

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Tim Sharpe, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Tim Sharpe

Tim Sharpe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a local FREE monthly publication and have had it for 4 months. I am marketing heavy via Facebook and have received over 1000 new likes in a month which is great for the small city I live in. I have three competitors that have joined forces to push me out. First is it a good thing that competitors are joining forces what I mean does it mean I must be doing something right in the local market? Also what can I do to combat this. I would like to turn to the local small business advice organization but due to one of my competitors being a downtown business this organization seems like they are will to support the others and not me, I have actually had a rude email from this organization so I really feel I have no where to turn. I know I must have competitors scared so what can I do?

Thanks
    Tim

2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you can think of it as a challenge that 3 competitors have join forces to push you out of the game. All you can do is step it up or partner up with other stronger competitors and make some changes to level up what you're doing.

Can you elaborate more on the rude email they've been sending to you?

3. Tim Sharpe

Tim Sharpe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well part of it stated they support only their businesses and would never advertise or support well hello my business is in the same city