What to check before you put your trust in an investor...

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Joe Maritez, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Joe Maritez

Joe Maritez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Today I found those two articles, which would save me a lot of trouble if I'd know them earlier. Before you agree on an joint venture, you have to read what equity investors look at and what can be put in an investment contract. That could prevent a situation when your pants are down and you notice it too late.

2. allwinners

allwinners
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A contract no matter what sort is simply a written agreement between multiple people/entities. You can have anything at all that you want in an agreement, as long as all parties accept the terms.

This is something a lot of people fail to consider, even with standard lease agreements and any other pre-existing contract. Just because the agreement may be standardized and already typed up, does not mean you can't change it or have it changed prior to signing on the dotted line. If you are not happy with one clause in a lengthy contract, have it changed. It really is that easy.

Always make sure that your "interests" and "rights" are protected, and if you are unclear as to what they might be, or if you feel that you may be intimidated by the prospect of the agreement falling through, have a 3rd party (preferably a lawyer) look over it for you.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That is a very good point. One party to an agreement will often use the "standard terms" argument when asked to change something, that they would prefer to stay the way it is. But as you say, each contract is unique and it does not have to include standard terms. Anything can be changed and if you want something changed, don't accept the standard terms argument.

4. colin1

colin1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

Investing money each month is a great way to build a nest egg—but not all monthly investment programs are created equal. For a specific type of systematic investment plan—sometimes referred to as a "contractual plan" or "periodic payment plan"—an investor must make a long-term commitment of 10 or 15 years. While the majority of these plans are sold to military personnel, they are also sold to civilians. These plans come with high upfront costs and are expensive if the full term of payment is not completed.

Thanks for reading

5. RentalLease

RentalLease
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the info I found that the best day you have with a business partner is the day you become partners