What Style Of Coaching/Guidance Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Clint Cora, Oct 3, 2011.

?

What Style Of Coaching/Guidance Do You Prefer?

1. One On One Calls

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Group Conference Calls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Online Program With Email Support

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was speaking to a life coach since I was a guest author on his blog lately and he told me that his service consists of only one to one calls. This seems to be the traditional style of guidance or coaching for most coaches but I'm aware that for other topics and areas, there are other forms of guidance.

Just wondering, if you were to get guidance or coaching in either business, personal development or any other topic for that matter, which of the following would you prefer (and why)?

1) One on one calls with the coach
    2) Group conference calls like a mastermind session where you get input from the entire group led by a moderator/coach
    3) Online presentation program of some type (video, worksheets, etc) where you learn at your own pace and have access to email support from the coach.

2. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer to have a hybrid of 1 & 2 if that would be possibly. #2 would be the main method to coach/guide because I believe learning in a group accelerates the whole process versus doing it alone or one on one. #1 would be for any special attention or personal/sensitive topics a coachee may not be ready to share with a group yet. This way, everyone gets to participate and grow from the life coaching program.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My preference would be one on one calls with the coach, I feel that would be the best way to benefit from the coaches wisdom and experience. However, as luch said I feel that the occasional group conference call would also allow group members to learn from each other and to motivate each other.

Using an IM (e.g. Skype) or Live Chat program would be another option to consider.

4. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer group conference call so that everyone can share and participate at the same time.

5. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it was for personal development then I would prefer one on one calls as this would provide me the maximum benefit needed to help me grow. If it was to help a business expand its horizons, then I would go with 2, as that would help guide the team towards the same goal, as well as address all the many concerns of all those involved.

6. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One on one calls with the coach require both party agree on a specific timeline. I prefer option 3, as I can keep those files and notes, I can easily refer it anytime I like, playback a same video for million time also no problem.

7. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about a traditional face to face meeting? definitely prefer one to one than group, though I can see how group discussion has it's benefits

8. MaxLinux

MaxLinux
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should have a combination of both with online meeting software. One on one is rather stale. Static pages are expensive then are often times cheap looking. Hearing a person's voice live and reviewing the materials simultaneously is a hundred fold better. Adobe, Go to Meeting... all offer software like this at a fair price.

Traditional meetings in groups cannot always be replaced with online options. Long or unnecessary wastes yours as well as your employee's time. Every meeting should be planned to a T prior. Everything should be concise and to the point. Not, "OK! What are we going to talk about today?" lol

#8 MaxLinux, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011