What sport is effective to reduce weight?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by lllindy457, Jul 18, 2011.

1. lllindy457

lllindy457
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What sport is effective to reduce weight?

2. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The ones that keeps your heart rate up over an extended period of time -- swimming would be an excellent one.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would say that the answer is the sport that you enjoy most, would be the best one. If you enjoy the sport you are participating in, you are more likely to keep it up long enough to lose weight. If you participate in a sport you don't enjoy, with the sole purpose of losing weight you increase the chance that you will give it up and slip back into old habits.

4. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that any sport done regularly is good for health. I agree with Fergal that doing exercises should bring pleasure and it will also contribute to your good health.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga will be one of the best choice
    besides that, you might consider the below sport as well

Swimming:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 175 cards. It is a coordinating body movements sport and good for the empowerment of cardiorespiratory function, exercise flexibility and strength.
    Besides, It is also beneficial to the patient back to health, after the restoration of women's reproductive fitness, and the elder people.

Athletics:
    Every half hour calorie consumption is 450 cards.
    It can be trained human body.

Basketball:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 250 card.
    It can increase flexibility and strengthen cardiorespiratory function.

Cycling:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 330 cards.
    Good for heart and lungs, and stregthen the legs.

Horse Riding:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 175 cards.
    Train your leg muscle and your mind.

Water Skiing:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 240 cards.
    Good for whole body, limbs, muscle and the body balancing between the training role.

Golf:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 125 cards.
    It results from the exercise of the need to travel long distances and hitting action. If so as to maintain a beautiful lines is extremely advantageous.

Jogging:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 300 cards.
    Benefit cardiopulmonary and blood circulation. Run the longer distance, the greater the consumption of calories.

Walking:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 75 cards.
    On the enhancement of cardiopulmonary function useful, it can improve blood circulation, joint activities and contribute to weight loss.

Roller-blading:
    Body can be enhanced flexibility and strength of the partial muscle.

Rope Skipping:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 400 cards.
    This is a fitness campaign to improve people's posture. People over the age of 35 can not do too much rope skipping.

Squash:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 300 cards.
    Better flexibility for leg, weight loss, increased speed capability. However, people with poor heart and lung function, it is not appropriate in this campaign.

Tennis:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 220 cards.
    This is a fierce campaign, it can exercise cardiopulmonary function, exercise flexibility.

Table Tennis:
    Consumption of calories every half hour 180 cards.
    Is a systemic campaign to benefit heart, can be the focus of training and coordination of movement.

Volleyball:
    Main increased flexibility, jumping ability and physical strength, cardiovascular benefit.

source: http://healthcare-cancer.blogspot.com/search/label/Fat Burning

6. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think about the sport you would love to play. I guess every sport has its own way for us to stay fit and healthy and to burn or body parts. What i am gladly to advice is playing badminton or swimming. And yoga too, for it seems really enjoyable and helpful as well.

7. Bliss Elliosn

Bliss Elliosn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I second to all the sports and suggestions above.
    Yes, every sports, that involves you physically and mentally is always positive for your health.
    Besides sports, what my experience and observation about weight reduction says that having a habit of walk of about 20-25 minutes can make a big difference in reducing weight even within a month or two.

I dont favor to follow a diet plan that involves you to eat boiled vegetables, drinks without sugar, and a long list...
    Enjoy your three times meals, eat whatever you wish to, but in a sensible proportion.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When we participate in a sport we tend to feel hungry afterwords. It is important to be careful what we eat, if we begin to eat more. In other words, participating in sport is great for losing weight, but you still need to be careful with your diet and also make some improvements in eating habits.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John125

John125
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sport

I agree with that any sport is effective to reduce weight-----

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

not really, some sport is gaining weight but make you fit like play weight

11. marksmith

marksmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

you can practice power yoga, play badmintion, football as that will burn more calories and reduce your weight.

Thanks,

12. sendil

sendil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi lllindy,
    Reducing weight --- SWIMMING is better, and of-course DIET....

13. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the main objective is losing weight, it all comes down to doing an activity that efficiently helps you burn calories. You need to burn enough calories either with a more intense activity or if moderate, then sustained over time. Something like yoga is great for balance, flexibility, a bit of muscle toning and well being but if that's the only activity pursued, I doubt that it will be that effective in losing significant weight. You need to get that heart rate up to burn those calories.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to lose weight so to make things easier, pick sports that still get that heart rate going up and ones you would enjoy. Sports that are a bit too mild in terms of intensity just won't do it for losing weight. That doesn't mean not do such sports if you enjoy them. It just means that you will have to add other activities that do burn the calories well.

Also, adding in strength training in there will help in losing weight a lot since it helps increase metabolism. This has also been proven already where a combo of cardio sports plus strength training with weights is very effective for losing weight.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tm133

tm133
    uix_expand uix_collapse

jogging at a faster pace than walking, but don't be running full throttle. This burns a lot of calories and fat.

15. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some people like myself, can't really jog anymore. After two ACL surgeries, it would be best to do lower impact activities that would have less pounding on my joints.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm doing a few minutes jogging three days a week at the moment, I also do some walking but keeping the jogging down because of problems with my joints, mostly my knees. I ran a 10K last year and my plan is to build up very slowly and run another 10K next year, probably around May 2012. I hope my knees, ankles and shins hold up :)

17. monica

monica
    uix_expand uix_collapse

:))
    I recommend (hula) hooping and jumping rope. It's not necessary meant to reduce weight, I mean for me it's not the main objective, but in time it really does sculpt your body. Especially your belly (where I assume is the most trouble with losing weight) and your legs. I spend a lot of time seating, working on my computer and stuff, so I need some action. I get funky hula hooping and jumping rope for 30min a day, right after I wake up to get my brain working fast.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ellaetorres

ellaetorres
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I think it defiantly helps. It helps to give you a stronger, healthier mind and body. Sports can help promote long-term weight loss and help avoid weight gain

19. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that every sport is good to reduce all weight. I would suggest participating in one you like though because it would give you more of a drive to participate, therefor burning more calories. In addition to burning calories, you would be able to have fun!

20. John125

John125
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Cyclining and walking