What sort of backlinks are considered "safe" for a PR 4 Site ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simplyjo, Jun 4, 2013.

1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All, If I need to create 2k+ backlinks to my PR 4 site, whats the "Safest" method ?

I was considering -
    1. Link pyramids
    2. Profile links
    3. Social media/utube etc
    4. Forum sigs

Which are safe and where else can I get backlinks for cheap/free ? which will NOT hamper my sites PR.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You asked for the safest method to obtain backilinks, and then asked where you can get backlinks for cheap/free? If you are looking for backlinks that are both safe and cheap/free, I cannot stress this enough, that is not going to happen! As far as your list of possible sources are concerned, Link Pyramids are a violation of Google's Webmaster Guidelines, and profile links and forum sigs have very low value, especially for a site that already has a PR4. Social media/YouTube links may help, if they are done correctly. The best, safest type of links are editorial links from articles, blog entries, press releases, etc., as long as the content is related to the subject of the website, and any links occur naturally within the content.

3. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that Joe has defined pretty well, I just thought to reply to give you more confidence that article/Blog submission to the website having more PR than your website is the best way.

4. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As to the methods you mention, social media/youtube may be the relatively safe and high quality link. Focus on link quality, not quantity.