What single improvement would make you more successful?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What single change or improvement in your life, do you feel would bring you closer to success?

For me I think it would be improved focus and concentration on my work.

2. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being more outgoing would help me greatly. when I think of calling a stranger or sales lead I go into a cold sweat. The good news is that most of the things that would bring us more success are things we can improve. I am trying to become more involved in social settings and will soon be taking a public speaking course.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Practice makes perfect Mountain Man. Try calling a small number of prospects per day - any number that works for you, you could even start off by calling one prospect per day. You won't be long getting used to it and realising that there really is nothing to be scared of.

4. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal focus and concentration would be good for me too. Several clones so every "great idea" could be started, done and seen through.

Mountain Man have you investigated toastmasters? I just started even though I love speaking - as a networking, practice arena. It's a great forum to learn and to gain confidence. Plus I hate making calls so I set myself if I just do it for 10 minutes... Then I make myself start - once I start it isn't so bad and I write a script, practice and then it isn't so bad!

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had been putting off making calls. This week I forced myself to make a few calls, I actually made more calls than I had committed to since some were follow up calls. I think the first step is the hardest.

6. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mine would be i need to stay focus on what i need to do first before moving on. Also known as multi-tasking.

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Motivation i all i need and put more faith with God. Because I believe in the bible verse saying "seek ye first the kingdom of God and it's righteuosness, and everything will be added unto you".

8. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me more stamina, i need to push towards 14 hours/ day from the 9 hours/day and ultimately touch 18 hours/day.

9. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really really is. And once you've done it, it's rarely as bad as you thought it would be. You can build it up in your mind to this monster that's actually a mouse. :) It's great you're making yourself do it and taking the course too. In six months, you'll wonder why you ever worried about it. :)

If you want someone to practice with, I wouldn't mind being on the other end of a call and seeing if there's anything I can suggest. If you'd like to do that let me know so we can schedule some time. I'm in the Central time zone and have Skype. Practice makes perfect. :)

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Maybe you could achieve the same results by being more effective during the 9 hours that you currently work? Working an 18 hour day doesn't sound very healthy.

11. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I knew more about online marketing, I would be much more effective in my work. I think I have to go on my study.

12. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right Fergal and i had been working on the same. currently i work 9 hours a day effectively, with out wasting time. Yes i achieve all my objectives for the day.
    but i am getting a little more greedy and want to take up more work and make more money.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You can learn a lot about online marketing right here on Business Advice Forum brownnataly21. If you have any questions please post them in the relevant section and we would be delighted to help you.

Would it be possible for you to make more by earning more per hour, rather than working more hours?

14. shailagomez

shailagomez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello I'm Shaila. For me to have a stable job that would sustain my needs and my family in future. And I have to strive more and work hard for me to attain my goal and for that to be successful.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country are you in Shaila? Good luck with finding a job and please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

16. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Fergal but thats going to take some time when i will acquire more experience and become more skilled.

17. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

need more staff!!!!!! lol. that would help so0o0o much :x

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it all rebecca16 and well done on your success to date.

Is there anything stopping you from recruiting them?

19. pixelbob

pixelbob
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me patience and determination.

20. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

They can both be learned through practice and by changing your habits. Are you taking action to improve in these areas?