What should i major in for owning an existing franchise or starting new business?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Kevin10, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Kevin10

Kevin10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My plans for the future are most likely going to involve buy an existing franchise like subway for example, what would be a good idea to major in when i go to school? would it be different if i started a brand new business?

2. myQRad.com

myQRad.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Management or Entrepreneurship. Both of these majors will offer valuable coursework for your future endeavors.

3. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want instant profits then take up a franchise or else if you have plenty of time in your hand, then you may start a new business. Setting up a new business right from the scratch takes both time and effort. Managing a franchisee is much easy as compared to start a new business. But, the profits and reputation that you will get with your own business can't be adopted by taking up a franchise.The choice is yours!

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Franchises is good if you lack of knowledge on the business, you can learn from them and it is easy to gain customer. The disadvantage is that you need to pay big money to them and you gotta pay certain percent of the gross profit monthly

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Are you going into second or third level education Kevin?

6. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Buying a franchise absolutely different from making a new brand for a product. On franchise matter usually they had their own system and regulation for further study over the business.