What should i do.....?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Adam, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heya.

Im wanting to boost my rating on ebay some how rather quickly but dont no exactly how this can be happen.

Should I sell some items cheap to gain rating and confidence in buyers?
    or another idea?

Your opinions are appreciated. :D

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Do you give your customers a rating and then ask them for a rating in return? You will get a lot more ratings if you take this approach.

The idea of selling lots of lower cost goods in a good one. The more customers that you provide a good service to, the more positive ratings you will receive.

3. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know many businesses which do this by giving the customer feedback, even if the customer has not given them..pretty much straight away as soon as the person has paid.

I feel that giving people feedback straight away is good however Im always worried incase I do not get any back. I guess I could try it for a short time as I do have a standard reply which I mainly use..which is "

4. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Adam, One tactic that many companies use in the consumer market is to introduce what is called a loss leader product. It does not make them any profit or even a very small loss BUT it sells massively and the consumers love it. It builds up brand awareness and then the consumers buy the more expensive items from the same company where the loss is covered in the increased prices. If you can get hold of some really small or cheap items that you can knock out many at a time at a low price then you should be in a position to increase your ratings as well as build up a customer base who you may be able to sell your other items to. You will need to make sure the cheaper items are still of a decent enough quality though to make sure they understand that you only deal in quality.

5. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your advice. I have taken upon this advice (last night actually) and have sold a lost leader which is some quality in ear headphones at 99p each. Currently I have sold 12 in less then 1 day and many more are asking me to get bigger quantities. These headphones are here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260519878316&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

All 12 that i have in stock have now sold..meaning sold out :D

Tell me what you think of this product and whether or not its a decent product to get my rating up as I personally think that it is.

Shall I buy more of them to sell as this loss leader?

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Selling product in cheap price is one of the best way. Of course, you need to show your customer on the product quality and good service. Then, you can build your reputation.
    People with good reputation can easily get sales at ebay

7. Keaton

Keaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you need to sell good items at the start, otherwise people won't give you as good rating.

How about just buying stuff to sell, even if you do not earn anything or little? (e.g. DVDs, games).

8. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adam, I like the product and I can see why people would like them. I also think they are a really good choice to supplement the previous items you have bought and sold.

I don't really understand eBay (I use it now and again, but not the detail behind it) - if it is possible to build a list or collect the data from people that have bought from you in the past it might be worth having a small email campaign put together, listing all the items you currently have on sale and see if any of them would come back for more or different items or at the very least see if you can build an email list with an opt out button (so not to be done for spamming) and then send around something. Repeat sales would really help you build a business and provide a better chance of making this a long term money maker for you.

Drop me a PM sometime, I may be able to introduce you to someone who has built up a massive business selling online and offline who could give you some extra pointers.

Sean

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You got some great advice and offers to help there Adam. Well done on selling those headphones so quickly. There might be some room to increase your price on that item, should you decide to sell them again. They sound like an excellent product for building your positive feedback, anything that sells that quickly is great.

In relation to giving feedback, I woudn't worry too much about not getting it back. The more you give, the more you will get in return and it doesn't cost anything to give positive feedback. Naturally, most customers will not give you feedback until they have received their product and are happy with it. Once they have received the product it might be an idea to send them a quick reminder email re giving feedback.

10. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah I currently sell some quite interesting items which seem to be selling well for more although theres always room to improve what I sell exactly. Good idea Keaton :)

Yeah I understand ebay is quite confusing If you do not know exactly what im planning to sell. Good idea about the email marketing because I have not tried that type of thing before, so may give it a try soon.

Im alright for advice at the moment, but when I need some I will be sure to contact you as you've been a great help.

Thanks because I was not so sure at the moment, because sometimes I do not get feedback straight away.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Something you might consider is having a small leaflet printed thanking customers for their purchase and asking them to submit feedback for you, if they are happy with everything. You could include a brief description of how to submit feedback on eBay, for those who are not familiar with the process.

Also include your contact details and ask the customer to contact you directly, in the event that they have any questions or if there is something that they are not happy with.

12. carolinebien

carolinebien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can sell you products by www.wtplaza.com freely! But you should ensure the reality of your information!
    Good luck to you!