What should be in Hired SEO Person Report ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by asad, Feb 15, 2012.

1. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi gurus,

I myself is a developer and little bit know about seo.. I developed my website on a testing server not on original domain and asked my seo guy for all its on page SEO. So all of my on page seo is done there. I have restricted the robot there to crawl those pages. Then Registered my required domain and transferred all my website to the original domain.

1. One question here (How much time An SEO Person take for on page.. 2 days to week or how much??)

After the site is up on the original domain what will be the seo person next tasks

2. directory submission
    3. social bookmarking
    4. After how much time article submission starts
    5. when youtube video with links on description starts?
    6. How much time required to take at least 2000 daily unique users.. for such shopping site that is targeting US Market.

7. And Now to the main questions that SEO Person should have to update on daily basis, weekly basis, after 15 days or monthly basis?
    8. And what should be in the SEO Report.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi asad!

Usually the time it takes to onpage a page depends on how many pages and how long is the content. The most basic things are setting up your metadata (title, description and keywords), then if you already have google analytics and google webmaster tool codes you should also set it up too. Using of header tags, bold, italics, underscore and linking to your inner pages. Making sure that the navigation is ok, and a sitemap. If you have images make sure that you use alt attributes and you're ready.

Link building it may be the next step. Get the opportunity to make a Press Release and submit it to Press Release sites. Then use directory submission and submit your website. Sometimes this links gives you link popularity. Even though directory submission is not as useful as before, it's still a link. Bookmark your pages and make sure you set up a social media accounts in Facebook, Twitter and etc.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Haley has given you some good advice, and she's right about the amount of time the on-page optimization takes - it depends on the amount of work that needs to be done. After that, all four of the next items on your list could be started at the same time. After the on-page optimization is done, then the linking starts, no matter where the links come from. One caution about Press Releases, though - make sure thee is a newsworthy reason for writing a Press Release. Don't write a Press Release, or any article for that matter, only to send links to your site.
    As far as how often the SEO person should update, it should be a minimum of once a month, every two weeks if necessary. The SEO Report should tell you at least where you were since the last report, and where you are when the report is generated, for each of your keywords. Once you get ranked high enough, you should also know which keywords are performing, and which are not.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. One question here (How much time An SEO Person take for on page.. 2 days to week or how much??)
    - SEO is continue process, you need to keep doing it

After the site is up on the original domain what will be the seo person next tasks
    - It will always be better if first focus on the onpage SEO before go to offpage SEO

4. After how much time article submission starts
    - Once the onpage SEO done and you have some good content

5. when youtube video with links on description starts?
    - Same as above

6. How much time required to take at least 2000 daily unique users.. for such shopping site that is targeting US Market.
    - it highly depends on your skill

7. And Now to the main questions that SEO Person should have to update on daily basis, weekly basis, after 15 days or monthly basis?
    - It really depends on the customer requirement. Weekly basis is good enough

- Depends on what you need

5. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All your on page suggested things are fully done on my testing server and then i moved it to main domain. Can you please let me know the option in webmaster tools or google analytics for metadata (title description and keywords).

One question about directory submission as there are a number of free directory exists with pr zero, is the link from them matters or better is to have links from pr3+ directories.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there. I think what haley means about setting up as well your Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tool is not actually for meta data like the title, description or keyword. She might mean that after setting up your meta datas, you need to set up to GA and Webmaster tool to monitor the daily performance of your site.

Google Analytics is designed for you to be able to track the performance of your website, the traffic it is getting, and other important data that shows how well or bad your website is performing. While Webmaster tools allows you to see errors that happens or occurs on your website, it also allows you to see and fix those errors that affect your sites' performance.

PS.
    Haley, pls correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks,
    Alex

• Like Like x 1
  7. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are quite a few sites that can do automated SEO checks, one such place I have used quite a bit is seositecheckup.com

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Alex already answered the question for me. You just need the GA code and the GWT code and add it to your website by attaching it to the <head> part. Although:

Google Analytics Code looks like:
    Google Webmaster Code looks like:

9. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some different views about your questions than the others.

As an seo experts i suggest the site should be crawled by Google first and then start the off page optimization. It is hard to say that Google will crawl you external backlinks first than that of your site. i probably suggest start off page optimization after 2 or 3 months and then you will get more visibility.

as far as your this question is concerned

One question here (How much time An SEO Person take for on page.. 2 days to week or how much??)

It depends if your contents are ready then seo person will only have to search for your competitors and keywords it will not take hardly more than 2 days.
    and the remaining questions are well given by my other respectable forum fellows.

10. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why would you have to wait before Google crawl your site when you can start doing off-page optimization as long as you think your website is worthy enough to earn visibility. What of Google does not yet crawl your website in about a month? Since no one knows when do websites or certain websites gets crawled, especially new one?

Instead of waiting, why not start off-paging to help G and other SE's find you easily? Of course G will first crawl your website, rather than backlinks.. But - again - you do not have to wait. Start as long as you think your website is ready and help G find out about your website through off-paging.

11. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On-page SEO takes the least amount of time and usually depends on the complexity of your website. The off-page SEO and SEM is what takes a good bit of time to do correctly.

Directory submission, social bookmarking and article submission all revolve around high quality content so you need to make sure that your SEO is capable of generating fresh content on AT LEAST a weekly basis. If your website doesn't stay fresh you're going to get penalized by Google.

YouTube videos with links in the description won't really matter unless you already have a YouTube following or you have a decent video that's actually worth watching.

2000 daily unique visitors isn't going to be something you accomplish overnight and can be a very difficult thing to accomplish if your search engine marketing campaign isn't developed the right way.

The SEO should be giving you updates either twice a month or once every month to show you the progress they have made on your website. Detailed reports should include things like the number of links to your site, number of referring domains, your website rankings for your selected keywords, on-page optimization reports, the top 3-5 websites that link to you the most, your Page Rank statistics, which of your pages is attracting the most traffic, the list can go on forever it just depends on how detailed of a report you want.

If you're planning on getting 2000 daily unique visitors your SEO better know what they're doing. That's 60,000 page views per month, which means you're most likely going to have to rank for some high traffic keywords or have a pretty big budget for an AdWords campaign.

12. raksha

raksha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    You ask for daily report and let him to give you the exact links being shared or posted or submitted.

Thanks.

13. entrepreneur1o1

entrepreneur1o1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Asad,

A typical SEO campaign can last anywhere between three to six months depending on the pace. As for what should be on a report, everything that the SEO company did for you in the month. Regarding your question about how much it should cost, that depends on your and the SEO company's geography. In the US an SEO campaign can cost about $5K to $6K per month. After the initial campaign is completed then you can get into an advanced link building campaign.

14. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do agree with Haleymcadams1. For on-page activities timing, it is depend on website pages.

15. fashionjewelry

fashionjewelry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi asad!
    Suggest you don't get nasty website online, if you online and then change it said was Google included will be more difficult

16. LucidWebMarketng

LucidWebMarketng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. I agree with Sigma: It will always be better if first focus on the onpage SEO before go to offpage SEO

I think most SEO people focus instead on offpage, that is linkbuilding. I go even further, better to focus on the page to achive your desired goal. If your goal is for the visitor to buy something from you, which is usually the case for ecommerce sites, then do that first. There are many ways to drive traffic there, SEO is just one way. If you focus on SEO and so-called "free" traffic at the expense of lower conversions, the purpose has been defeated, especially for all other ways you can get traffic.

PPC data can be extremely valuable for testing and tweaking on-page SEO so don't discount it. Part of your search engine marketing budget should be set aside for PPC.

As for time to take, want it quick and dirty or do it right which is slower? I opt for the second option. Again, PPC comes in to that equation, at least it should for quicker, better optimization.

Recommendation: hire a web copywriter that knows how to write so that visitors convert. That is more valuable. SEO people don't know how to sell. It will take more time but the money spent put to better use. Then a SEM (search engine marketing) person with SEO and PPC experience can come in and do some on-page adjustments and testing and finally off-page stuff. All this is on-going and never really final, including your sales message.

If you let the person do all on-page changes themselves, a report of the changes made and when. You need to track before and after results. I want to know when a page's title, description or whatever has changed and when. I can then see if that made a change in traffic and conversions. Make sure you have a backup so you can go back if needed. Personally, I would not anyone make changes, I would prefer them giving me their recommendations and I'll implement them, but that's me.

As for off-site stuff, I want to know beforehand what they plan to do and not do it until I approve it. You don't want links placed God knows where. They should be quality links. In fact, those are links you do yourself such as on forums like this one. You know your business better than they do so that should be your job really. The SEO person should tell you "I found this forum you may not know about you should post in that would help you".

• Like Like x 1
  17. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to build some quality work for your sites.You need to hire expert seo who bulid quality backlinks for you sites not in bulk.Be careful about google panda and penguin updates.

18. amitmax

amitmax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon your website pages.If you will do this work with proper planning and strategy then it will take maximum time but once done then it will give you benefit for along time.So don't be in hurry!