What rates should I charge for my delivery business?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by vikkydonlad, Apr 30, 2013.

1. vikkydonlad

vikkydonlad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to start my own errand running/delivery business. I will be using my own 4 door economy car so I won't be able to deliver anything super large.
    What should I charge people for this? Of course I know I should charge less than any of the regular commercial business' out there. I want to make it very affordable so I can attract customers but would like to make at least a small profit.
    Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Vikkydonlad, Welcome to Business Advice Forum :) Thanks for joining BAF :)
    First check your competitors and then work accordingly.Offer less price than your competitors I think this will help you.

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi vikkydonlad:)you can give some offers along with you meal to attract more peoples.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to consider couple of things like the cost and the competitors when determining the pricing of your service.
    You need to account for the cost incurred like fuel and any other expenses and add your margin to it and manage to be a tad below your competitors.