What points should be keep in mind during Article writing and Blog writing?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Maryjohnson1555, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI GUYS!

I asked a question to anyone but i did not get the sufficient feedback about the query. Now i would like to ask to all of you.

Can anyone explain to me what is the main difference between blog & article writing? And what necessary steps should be consider in article writing and blog writing?

I hope you'll give me the appropriate answer.
    :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Melissa Feeney

Melissa Feeney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the most important thing, which you should keep in mind while writing a Blog or Article is the information should be not promotional and copied content. You should always provide fresh and unique content to your readers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Articles can be longer than blog posts, and are designed to inform or educate. Blog posts are shorter, and can be less formal and can provide a more personal point of view. A more detailed explanation can be found in the following article:

Articles vs Blogs – Are They the Same?

• Like Like x 2
  4. kiwistech

kiwistech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blogs are comparatively small as compare to Articles. Articles and blogs can be on any topic but article can have long text as well. So articles are longer then blogs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fleagle

fleagle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

articles for blogs should be over 400 words if possible. Make sure the article content relates to your blog's niche. best social networks in my opinion the best social sites are:
    facebook,linkedin,google+,twitter,pinterest,stumbleupon,tumblr, and blogger. also business forums warrior forum, this one and small-business-forum.net. My suggestion is to use wordpress as your blogging platform installed on your own domain. make sure you load the social sites plug in so every time you post an article you can share to all the sites i listed.
    Actually article writing is what you post to your blog. i no longer use article directories.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Patson

Patson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Article and Blog both are different from each other, In the article you can write more things as compare to blog and it should must fresh content not copied from anywhere. The article must be full of information about the thing what you want to represent. In a blog you can write more personal thing and is should not be lengthy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to my knowledge and experience, Articles are usually longer than blog posts and the quantity is up to 1,500 words and may be more in different cases.
    Whereas, blog post is frequently less formal than an article and it may be in between 500- to 800-word range and sometimes longer.
    you can get more details about it by visiting link :http://goo.gl/RDzGpG

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Blog posts should be written with a personal, conversational voice, as if you're talking to a friend.

As far as articles are concerned, it depends upon their use. Your content should fit your reader and their expectations. If your readers is a scientist or technician, your writing should be more technical. If your reader is an 18 year old, the voice should be something that would interest him or her.

Keep in mind that article writing can backfire, if you're using it for back-link purposes. Overuse of article marketing caused many sites to lose rank about 1.5-2 years ago, thanks to the Panda algorithm.

Use the technique with caution and purpose.

9. MarleeNieves

MarleeNieves
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. Connexn

Connexn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically, everybody here is speaking the same language. I have also come to understand the difference between the two!

"My suggestion is to use wordpress as your blogging platform installed on your own domain. make sure you load the social sites plug in so every time you post an article you can share to all the sites i listed. Actually article writing is what you post to your blog. i no longer use article directories."

This particularly stood out.

11. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The basis thing what you need to keep in mind while writing article:

* It should be more than 500 words,

* It should be informative and useful for readers.

* It should not be like advertising and promotion.

* You can not use any word more than 5%.

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

After receiving several responses, including links to articles that answer the question asked(including one she provided herself), I believe the OP now has "sufficient feedback" to answer her question. This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.