What other career options do I have as a writer other than freelancing.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Jan Monique, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jan Monique

Jan Monique
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am an enthusiastic writer and about to begin my masters degree in writing. And I am looking into what career options I have that I can do online whilst I'm studying..

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are lots of ways. To name a few:

First, most major publications (newspapers, magazines, etc...) still have paid staff, though starting salaries for journalists tend to be very low and many publications are increasing turning to freelancers.

Advertising agencies and PR firms have writers. Even those who don't have dedicated writers need people who write well.

Large corporations and non-profit institutions like universities and hospitals have internal communications departments who prepare newsletters, training manuals, etc...

Manufacturers and retailers often employ full time copywriters to prepare their catalogs and product brochures.

For more ideas, I suggest you go to the library and locate the book entitled Writer's Market. It is full of ways to get your writing published.

3. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do internship at any popular writing firm, that can be anything like PR agency, news paper publication or any TV Channel. Hence, you will gain knowledge and that can aid you to get best job in your relevant domain.

4. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can start blogging and when it comes to blogging there are plenty of things you can do in order to make good money. You can offer guest posts, place some ads of various ad networks, place some affiliate links, offer paid links etc.

5. Rockpapercopy

Rockpapercopy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pitch to online and paper publications article ideas and then create articles once they agree to publish your work. That's a great way to get some recognition and build awareness for your work. Pick a niche - what is your favorite topic to write about: healthy living, diet, making money, relationship advice? This will help you specialize [important] and pick the right publications to pitch to.
    Register on UpWork and apply for the jobs daily. It is mind numbing but pays off in a long run.
    Publish a Wordpress blog and write daily.
    Release an ebook.
    Team up with other popular blogs and offer guest blogging.
    Work on traffic to your site and then monetize by setting an affiliate network. Good luck!

6. Ramona Vandusen

Ramona Vandusen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You be able to begin blogging and when it comes to blogging there are plenty of things you be able to do in command to create good money. You can offer visitor posts, place little ads of a variety of ad networks, place a number of affiliate links, proffer paid links etc.