What makes a website popular?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by myerscooper, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myerscooper

myerscooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys,

I am here to share some website-related knowledge with you. I am no seasoned web design consultant neither am I an experienced SEO consultant. I am not even a newbie as far as these areas are concerned. However, I do consider myself intelligent enough to impart basic knowledge. I think the way you promote your website is what makes it popular. Design your website keeping your target visitors in mind. If you can satisfy the needs and meet the expectations of visitors, your site is bound to be a huge hit. You will definitely get repeated visitors. Bye.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

having features that users would like will make a website popular. facebook has it and that makes the networking site popular.

3. brownnataly21

brownnataly21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If we speak about the features of a site that are interesting for visitors the msot important one is the content and the freshness of the content. If you update the inofrmation on the site and you make everything to have it catching, so then you are lucky to have popularity.

4. mmanceli2010

mmanceli2010
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be a lot smarter than you are, and have a lot better content.

There are a number of things you can do:

If you want to put your website on a list of webpages, try looking up a topsite.

You can put keywords in the meta tags section of your head code, however, most popular indexing sites no longer use metatags due to past abuse to get sites to come up with completely unrelated keywords.

To have repeat visitors, try putting only a specific content on the page, add a forum, or some other system for users to communicate, and make sure content is not dull, that it can be enjoyed.

5. valentinohill11

valentinohill11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, the fresh content is the most important factor to facilitate the site to become more popular and forum posting, blog commenting, directory submission, article submission are also useful. link Building is always important for search engine rankings and in increasing the traffic to your website.

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here are some of the things that can make a site popular based on my experiences:

Good design and easy to navigate
    Great articles. It must be readable and easy to understand
    Linking on related sites. It must be linked to other famous sites to get credibility.
    Others Like freebies.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would still say content is the "king" if you are talking about the long term SEO. And yes, most o the webmaster are looking for the fastest way to grown their website and therefore they are pay much attention on SEO. However, if the website have rich quality content, it will actually gain natural backlink , of course it might need to spend years to create such number of content

8. mitchellpk123

mitchellpk123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is also important to consider whether the site is a person or company. If the site is for personal use in the design should capture the theme of the site. The design has to speak in the target Web sites. If your site is that companies should use to design the company's mission and be able to attract a global market.

9. almokatel

almokatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the most important thing is that the site contains information and themes to attract visitors to enter more than once

10. stevetorres

stevetorres
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Based on my experience, many things can make a site popular. Good design, easy navigation, easily understood and readable articles, relevant links all can make a site popular.

11. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are number of things you can do to make your website popular. the environment of an office helps a lot in motivating employees. just like that, the website design is the most important factor. 2ndly, your website design should speak itself and describe the real purpose without reading the content.

12. TrueLifeWealth

TrueLifeWealth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Think I agree with much of what has been posted already.

Design, Content, Frequent content updates, and anything that makes the user feel engaged with the site or community of the site.

13. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the content of your site and informations your website carry and obviously features

14. davelampord

davelampord
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having superior content and being smarter than you are. You should lookup a topsite, if you want to put your website on a list of web pages.

15. charlesying

charlesying
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi

Great Content, great information, great design, great links, easily accessible on search engines is what makes the site popular

16. linerrobert

linerrobert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What makes a web site popular is its content and how you promote it on the net. You will have to plan well in advance about how you will be promoting your web site.

17. neilfriston

neilfriston
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is the ultimate door to popularity. In terms of search engine, keywords play a very important role in making a website famous and visible.

18. georgelukie

georgelukie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The thing that makes a web site popular is its content. If the visitors of your site are happy with the content on your site they will come back over and over again and it will generate a brand in their mind for your web site.

19. Andrew

Andrew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The basic things that make your site popular is the content of your site, its navigation, and also the best thing if your site is SEO friendly.

20. lacleve

lacleve
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A professional design and great content wins every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.