What machine should I use??,Textile industry

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Thormakar, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Thormakar

Thormakar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Im trying to enter the textile industry with a new business that I have planned but im having trouble finding the right machine (I could use a name or correct term for doing what I want so I can look for the machine that I need).

I basically want to take a bunch of fibers, use a machine to make a web of low density (a light batting). Ive seen videos on youtube on carders but the finished product that Is almost always a hairy thread instead of a web of considerable lenght and width(the only thing that is slightly simillar to what I want is a batt from a drum carder but these ive seen are mostly small and for home use not industrial mass production) making me doubt that what im looking for is a carder.

After making a few webs I want to stack them and use a needle loom to make a mat (I have no trouble with this part of the production).

Thormakar

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Thormakar and thanks for asking your business questions.

What country are you based in?

I would suggest that the best approach to start off with would be to contact suppliers to your industry. Ask them about the range of machines that they provide and for details on how they operate. You could also request a demonstration so that you can see the machines in action and determine if they meet your requirements. You should be able to find contact details in business telephone books and directories. If a company you contact, cannot provide you with the equipment you need, ask them if they know anyone who can.

Are there any relevant industry associations in your area? If there are, contact them and ask them what they can do to help. They should be able to provide you with useful contacts and perhaps even some suggestions as to the machinery you need.

Good luck with it and please post back to let us know how it is working out for you.