What kind of Business/Job do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by TimeRider, Jan 25, 2013.

1. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I had to do a Business then I would go for computers / IT Shop. I always wanted to sell computers, laptops and various other computer accessories.

Another thing, the job i would prefer would be of Computer mechanic. I would fix some computers, laptops and computer hardwares as well as softwares.

What kind of Business/Job do you prefer?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What's stopping you devilbatista?

I'd like to own and manage large community sites. So far I've been doing OK, but I'd like to grow to the level where one of my community sites is receiving hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every month.

3. EKey.biz

EKey.biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's good your thinking about what you're most passionate about. Try to do something that your friends ask you for help with and keep an eye out for something missing in the market that you could create.

Good luck!

4. WorkWithMorgan

WorkWithMorgan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, it's about the laptop lifestyle and freedom.

So I focus on affiliate marketing models that scale beyond $10K a month or it's not worth the effort for me.

Life is short, be free!

• Like Like x 1
  5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like something innovative...be in civil engineering services or content management

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think I am stuck in Web world. I really should get out of making websites if i want to open an IT Shop. But I will see if I can do anything online, if not I will go as i have said. I have always wanted to be a Computer technician, so I think i will take a course about it in few days. This will help me in near future.

7. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What other community sites do you run Fergal? I assume this is the biggest one?

I agree that it's good to go into something only if it can be scaled. Have you had any projects you've been able to scale successfully in your online career so far?

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you considered looking for a job with an IT shop? This would help you to gain experience in that area and to learn the business.

Hi Pete, the other community site I own is Forum Promotion. It recently passed the one million post mark and is a very busy site.

9. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's a weird coincidence Fergal, one of my friends linked me to a useful post on that forum today and it was the first time I'd came across it. Good work!

• Like Like x 1
  10. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love cooking. I want to be a chef someday. Of course I will never leave SEO since this is my first job and source of income.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Pete, glad to hear it. Please tell your friend that I said thanks for the referral.

12. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I finally decided that working only online wasn't cutting it/paying the bills (anymore), so I decided to go out into the real world and apply around.
    I recently got a job working at a huge and popular computer/supply/etc. chain as a "Certified Tech Advisor".
    So far the job is pretty great, especially the pay, but I could use more hours and honestly, being stuck on the register and not being able to REALLY interact with customers on the floor really sucks.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Congratulations and good luck with the new job Jerlene. Perhaps as time goes on and you get more experience in the job, you will have the opportunity to spend more time with customers.

14. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer online job. That should be done from home. Its great to work online without any pressure of boss and other things.

15. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer to have both of them, because it is not a problem to take up two type of similar businesses.
    Aside from operate store supply computer and accessories, you can also provide computer repair service.

16. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to franchise a food cart business, that is the most in-demand business here in the Philippines. I want to manage it by my own.

17. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I had sufficient amount of money than I go for restaurant business. Its my childhood wish I always want to start a business.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is this something you plan on doing in the near future Leejeong? Good luck with it.

Have you started taking action to achieve that goal? E.g. have you started working in a restaurant to gain experience of the business and to save some of your wages for your own business set up costs?

19. Minerva

Minerva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interior design! That is part of what my firm does. when you see what you design become reality, you will be sooo pround of yourself!

20. businessampm.com

businessampm.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you will be glad to know that, I always prefer online job. Because online business is one of the best profitable business in the new era. I am also online marketer.