What Kind of Business Do You Own?

Discussion in 'Business Advice, Questions & Discussion' started by Jerlene, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene Active Member

Money:
    $5
    What Kind of Business Do You Own? I've always wanted to own a restaurant and a clothing line, but I'm stuck running my computer business right now. It's hopefully going to pay for my restaurant and clothing line. :p

2. sigma

sigma Active Member

Money:
    $0
    I'm doing restaurant, it is not as good as you think. The overhead is high and many thing need to be done.

3. Janechan

Janechan Member

Money:
    $0
    I am doing online business at present and planing to run a supermarket. :)

4. ownedbox

ownedbox Active Member

Money:
    $6
    I also hope to own a farm that has fruit bearing tress on it which can be harvested every 6months or so. :D

5. amit

amit Member

Money:
    $0
    I have own business of Industrial equipment manufacturer.

6. mysandyda

mysandyda Member

Money:
    $0
    Now I don't own any business but I would like to have my own cafe or bar or a restaurant.

7. Shahrier

Shahrier Member

Money:
    $0
    I don't currently own a business but I am planning on making a computer software business.

8. Sahil

Sahil Active Member

Money:
    $0
    I don't own any business currently on my name (underage) but I've been managing several business which includes a Job Portal and a local shopping portal. Though, I've always wished to start up a manufacturing industry as the profit earned in those industry are high.

9. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO Member

Money:
    $0
    I own an Internet marketing company as well as a record label. Spend a lot more time on Internet marketing than music at the moment, though.

10. Jerlene

Jerlene Active Member

Money:
    $5
    A record label? Wow, that would be a cool job/business to have. Don't you think that was a bad move though? A lot of the newer labels are going down due to the fact that people can get the same quality of sound through the internet.

11. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO Member

Money:
    $0
    Thanks Jerlene :D It's a pretty fun gig. The music industry has had to adapt over the last few years and change the way in which we make our share of the profits. The sad thing is most labels can't adapt and they end up going under... If you want to be successful, you have to realize that a good portion of your music is going to be downloaded illegally and figure out ways to work around it. We've found that not being stingy with music and even giving it away for free sometimes ends up increasing fan loyalty. Fans appreciate what you do for them and often end up buying the albums afterwards.

Of course, it helps that I also own an Internet marketing agency that's capable of promoting our artists the right way...

12. Curtis Is GOD

Curtis Is GOD New Member

Money:
    $0
    I currently have a home based music production company at the minute for friends and people around my area. I am still currently at school (16 years old) but I have already got the general basic's for my business to succeed in a thriving environment.

13. MFeynmann

MFeynmann New Member

Money:
    $0
    I want to have a business but in nanotechnologies. Reason: fast expanding field of technology, all computers, microchips etc. become smaller and smaller. I think in 10-20 years nanotechnologies will own the market, enginnering, medicine etc. So it's not only interesting but profitable too. Any tips for start? :)

14. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO Member

Money:
    $0
    Ah from Houston, TX huh? I lived in Texas for over 20 years. Great state.
    Nanotechnology, software and Internet technology are going to dominate
    the future. I don't know too much about the nanotechnology industry but I
    have no doubt that there's money in it. Wouldn't know how to get started
    in that business though.

15. farmtotable

farmtotable New Member

Money:
    $0
    I own a small country store and small restaurant. Most of our products are are from local farms and producers.

Owning a restaurant is a lot of work. You might want to check out the national restaurant association web site for a lot of good information. http://www.restaurant.org/research/

16. Alan2011

Alan2011 Member

Money:
    $0
    wow , i run my online business by myself now , i always want to make it bigger and make it be a listed company someday .:D

17. Mark T

Mark T Active Member

Money:
    $0
    I had a business before for food carts. I wasn't aware of SEO and online businesses before so I was not able to extend my market before through Internet marketing. Right now I am planning to go back on selling food carts and food products as well. Still planning and it takes a long period of time to finally finish a plan. Hope it succeeds. :)

18. alvanorichie

alvanorichie New Member

Money:
    $0
    i own jerzees hoodies online store and run e commerce store for clothing.

19. ideann

ideann New Member

Money:
    $0
    I don't own any business currently on my name, just work for a online shopping website called "ideann"(this is not a spam, just a fact).
    But someday I wish I will start my own business one day.

20. BusinessStories

BusinessStories New Member

Money:
    $0
    I used to own a computer business as well. Now I run an online business incubator - which is much more fulfilling and interesting