What kind of books shall I read now?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Sandy, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Sandy

Sandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a college student and my major is marketing. I want to read some books that is related to my major to improve myself. Can you guys recommend me any book?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sandy I'd recommend reading books written by very successful business people such as Richard Branson, Donald Trump and Mark McCormack. For a different perspective on Marketing and on creating value I'd recommend reading some books by Seth Godin, "Purple Cow" would be a good one to start with. Other Marketing related books that I'd recommend include;

• "Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die" by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
    • "Guerrilla Marketing, Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business" by Jay Conrad Levinson
    • "The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference" by Malcolm Gladwell

3. Sandy

Sandy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot! I will take your advice and start reading.

4. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The books by Gary Vaynerchuk might be considered modern marketing and social media books. Worth reading. I read Crush It and in the process of reading The Thank You Economy.

5. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Seth Godin has written some very good books. One of them "Meatball Sundae" is especially good. It talks about the new rules of marketing and the trends that are shaping the way products and ideas are communicated and sold. It is full of case studies and examples that give support to the author’s main points.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johnalden

johnalden
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are no an y book specified for this field, you have to search on Google and find e books on marketing.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why do you say that? There are loads of quality books written on the subject of marketing.

8. SteffMartin

SteffMartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must get the books of Prof.Meins berg,Prof.Wayber and Prof Alfred.These are all considered the best in social sciences and management marketing functions.The books of these authors will give you a hype of knowledge.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you read those books yourself Steff, how did you feel you benefited from them?