what keeps you going?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by RestOwner, Feb 7, 2011.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you're trap in a situation wherein you're about to give up or lose hope there's always this one thing that will keep you going..

what is this one thing that keeps you going??

2. mtveter

mtveter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My wife is what keeps me going. I have mixed around so many home businesses until I got married. I decided that while in my current business opportunity and being married, I am going to stick to what I have and make the best of it. Since then, I have grown my downline far better than what I have imagined because I have persisted in what I know to be the best opportunity to help me spend more time with my family.
    Running an online business helps me realize that there is nothing more wonderful than spending more time with the family.

Here's to Your Success

3. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here. My wife keeps me going as well. She always there for me specially in times that i almost give up. I admit I am not that perfect person but i keep thinking why? Why I am so lucky to have her in my life. She stand still when i can't, and most of all she's the one who helps me hold on to my faith and have a strong relationship with God. :)

4. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not married yet, but the thought of financial freedom keeps me going. I also have a wallpaper with a luxury villa on my screen, hopefully one day I can have it :)

5. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The thought that knowing that by doing nothing the situation will definitely not get better. So I might as well make the best of it and by moving forward the only thing that can come out of this is something more positive then the situation I'm already in. I also keep on reminding myself of other times that I was stuck and how I look back at it now and can laugh about it, knowing this too will pass and one day I will be able to laugh about this as well.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think about the kind of person I want to be, then ask myself if giving up is likely to help me become that kind of person. Obviously the answer is "no", so I use that to motivate myself to keep going.

7. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What keeps me going? My faith keeps me going. When i felt a vast of problem and almost nowhere to go, I just hold on to my faith. :)

8. solarshield

solarshield
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my parents prays and motivation help me a lot.

9. DaveScotford

DaveScotford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've got a copy of my CV pinned to my office wall with a note above it saying 'you can better this'. Next to that is a printed our copy of my first order from my clothing label (Failing Rose).

May seem odd but I can always build on things that i have done and keep progressing. I have a relatively good CV for my age but I always want to build it and make it better. Giving up hope and throwing the towel in wont help me achieve that and if I'd have given up when the going got tough starting up the label then i wouldn't have been generating orders.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a great motivational tip, I do like that idea and feel that a lot of people could improve their motivation by doing that.

11. deanncarl

deanncarl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Making sure I surround myself with positive people that will keep my spirits lifted.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think most of you already knew that I'm a toy collector.
    So what keeps me going is that there are more new toys that's getting released monthly. :)

You can all check out my collection here.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's an extensive collection GekiDan, I'd imagine that it is very valuable. Do you ever sell any toys or do you prefer to keep them? Is there such a thing as limited editions in the toys you collect?

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah. I really treasure them. Basically, I don't want to sell any of them. But if there's someone who want some items only available to our place, I'll buy them and sell them.
    And yes, there are limited editions or exclusives on my collection. They are figures only sold in Japan so I ask for a middleman to get one for me. So far, I have at least 5 of them in my hand now and 2 more coming in the mail. :D

15. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What keeps me going are my goals. I write down my a goal for every two weeks. Once I write it down I will think how I could achieve that and the write one sentence summarizing how I can. I put the infront of my computer so I will work on it and achieve my goal. If I don't, I will try harder to reach the goal the next two weeks.

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds great GekiDan, the reason I asked is because I know someone who loves collecting movies on DVD. One way that he finances his hobby, is by buying more than one of some items that he likes and selling his spare copies on eBay for a profit.

Matt, are all those goals ones that you work on achieving within the two weeks or do you also use longer term goals?

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I have spare funds, I would love to have spare one to sell eventually for a higher price. Maybe half a year after it is released.
    But these collection is not that cheap... One costs me at least $80 a piece. But no regrets. :)
    There are also times I tend to wait for cheap prices and buy them off at once.

Sadly, my recent package got held in the Philippine Customs. Haven't experienced this delay before. :(
    It seems that the box used is bigger than normal and they thought that there are lots of things inside it.

18. vistacollege1

vistacollege1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Motivation to become succesful is my motivation

19. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My responsibilities is what motivates me & encourages me at every moment.

20. Blake123

Blake123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My little son is the best motivation for me
    I'm ready to work days and nights for his better life